New Everton Stadium Discussion

Would have been good as that, just leave a modified Bullens and part of the Gwladys St and they would have a 8-12k stadium, plus plenty of space around the pitch to do what they need.

I've been thinking along these lines for a while, but have never really raised the subject as. y'know, beggars can't be choosers, and ultimately, I'm just happy we're getting a new ground and have sadly accepted that GP is going.

If we were gonna keep it though, wouldn't we keep the Park End? It's the most modern of the 4.

Can any construction experts on here estimate how much it would cost to build the Park End, today? Are we effectively knocking down a £20 million piece of property?

I've been thinking along these lines for a while, but have never really raised the subject as. y'know, beggars can't be choosers, and ultimately, I'm just happy we're getting a new ground and have sadly accepted that GP is going.

If we were gonna keep it though, wouldn't we keep the Park End? It's the most modern of the 4.

Can any construction experts on here estimate how much it would cost to build the Park End, today? Are we effectively knocking down a £20 million piece of property?

….I imagine that ship has long sailed. The regeneration of Goodison as a community hub will have been part of the BMD Business Case & revisiting it now could mean having to go through planning applications etc.

EFC already use mini-stadia at Walton Park, FF and Southports ground. Goodison is going, we need to let her go but the memories will always be with us.

EFC already use mini-stadia at Walton Park, FF and Southports ground. Goodison is going, we need to let her go but the memories will always be with us.
Sad, but true. I don't think planners would be too accommodating with us leaving a partial stadium, as the dimensions would pretty much remain the same.

If you kept two sides, it doesn't leave much of a footprint to develop the other parts into anything meaningful for the community. We'd need to upgrade too.

Sadly, the most appropriate course of action will be to demolish the ground in its entity or redevelop some parts into new mixed purpose units.

The Park End holds little historical value, Bullens which is 96 years old and is a beautiful example of a Leitch stand would be worthy of saving especially given Goodison's status as the world's first purpose built football stadium.

As @Eggs said it ain't happening so it's all a bit pointless discussing it, but with a little bit of common sense thrown in it makes sense. I would at least like them to pull down the rest of the stands first and see how much building goes on in the park end/fan zone/car park and then Goodison Road side before committing to level everything and then having a 10/15 year wait before it is anywhere complete. Or worse a supermarket comes in to help fill the site.

The Park End holds little historical value, Bullens which is 96 years old and is a beautiful example of a Leitch stand would be worthy of saving especially given Goodison's status as the world's first purpose built football stadium.

As @Eggs said it ain't happening so it's all a bit pointless discussing it, but with a little bit of common sense thrown in it makes sense. I would at least like them to pull down the rest of the stands first and see how much building goes on in the park end/fan zone/car park and then Goodison Road side before committing to level everything and then having a 10/15 year wait before it is anywhere complete. Or worse a supermarket comes in to help fill the site.
has no one thought of redeveloping goodison rather than moving to a new ground, I'm sure it can be done.