New Everton Stadium Discussion

2634EDBB-D5EA-4D31-B64C-87A72E67658E.png

Rail seating, with ratio of 1:1.2 to 1:1.5 from 1:1 in the south stand, would bring about a few thousand increase, at a cost way below that of actual expansion.
If rail seating isn’t allowed, it’s difficult to expand the stadium. It may be possible to add to the north stand. The rest looks difficult.

If rail seating isn’t allowed, it’s difficult to expand the stadium. It may be possible to add to the north stand. The rest looks difficult.
I agree and it will also take a change to current legislation to increase the ratio, as has been pointed out. I think ultimately they've taken a gamble. If it doesn't pay off, they'll look a bit silly, if it does they have been very shrewd and will get a 60,000 stadium for the price of a 52,000 one. As always, time will tell.

They have said that they could add another tier on the east and west stands but that would require new planning permission and the roof raised by a few metres.

The site can accommodate up to 61k I think Mies said, the reasons for not doing it are both commercial and trying to ensure the ground is always full too

They have said that they could add another tier on the east and west stands but that would require new planning permission and the roof raised by a few metres.

The site can accommodate up to 61k I think Mies said, the reasons for not doing it are both commercial and trying to ensure the ground is always full too
Seems a very expensive way of doing it. I just hope the rumours of an over future proofed stadium with enough entrances, exits, concourse space, toilets etc are true so we can take advantage of the change of regulations should that come about. I also think (and I have no evidence of this at all) that the capacity from the start will be a couple of thousand higher than the 52,888 quoted. No idea, why, I think this. I just think the club is being conservative with this figure.