New Everton Stadium Discussion

There are 2 tiers to the waiting list.

Tier 1 is for all official membership holders and Tier 2 is everyone else.

Within the tiers it’s is based on the date you added yourself to waiting list, and to remain in Tier 1 you have to keep your membership active every year.

I’m basically paying 35 quid a year to to preserve my spot in the Tier 1 waiting list
I knew of and understand the Tier 1 and 2 part, but anecdotal evidence would suggest that within Tier 1 the date of joining may not always be the deciding factor.

For example, when did you join the waiting list and within teir 1?

when moving into the park end from the upper glad 3 seasons ago due to my dad's knees being too shot for hiking up them stairs
That there was on average 1500 Seats each summer who don't renew or miss renewal cut off date also there people like myself who wanted to move who's seats then get freed up That was 3 seasons back so may be less now or higher each summer

Thats a fair old wait if your number 20000
I tried asking where I was on the list and I was Tod successful applicants were one the list about 3 years ago so it is really touch and go as to whether I'll get one for Goodison before we move

I knew of and understand the Tier 1 and 2 part, but anecdotal evidence would suggest that within Tier 1 the date of joining may not always be the deciding factor.

For example, when did you join the waiting list and within teir 1?

I joined the list in July 2020, but was a member when it first came out.

I’m not expecting to get a season ticket anytime soon based on the numbers I’ve heard currently waiting

There are 2 tiers to the waiting list.

Tier 1 is for all official membership holders and Tier 2 is everyone else.

Within the tiers it’s is based on the date you added yourself to waiting list, and to remain in Tier 1 you have to keep your membership active every year.

I’m basically paying 35 quid a year to to preserve my spot in the Tier 1 waiting list
Me, my brother and my Dad, all want a season ticket together. We have just joined tier one. Imagine how long they wait will be. Madness really. Still don’t understand why they wouldn’t of made the stadium bigger knowing how big the season ticket waiting list is. Crazy.

I’m not expecting to get a season ticket anytime soon based on the numbers I’ve heard currently waiting
Ah, okay. My son joined the list back in 2016, and got his two years ago. My friend joined the list roughly the same time, but still hasn't been selected.

Both were/are Tier 1 throughout the process, and other people I know (applied with or are children) have been granted a ticket since, yet joined after.

There may be other issues that I'm unaware of with their applications, but on the face of it, there does appear to be a weighting towards younger members.

The whole ticleting operation is joke.

I have a mate with four memberships (which he bought for him and his kids to get on the list) and when he checked this summer he was told he was on tier 2.

When he pointed out hed had memberships for 3 or 4 years he was told he's now moved to tier 1 but as a new joiner. Basically thrown away 120 quid a year.

I know other couples/families on the list who only get offered one ticket, despite being on the list since the list started (I think Martinez last season)

It's a close run thing between box office and medical that's been our worst performer over the past few years.

Last edited:
Me, my brother and my Dad, all want a season ticket together. We have just joined tier one. Imagine how long they wait will be. Madness really. Still don’t understand why they wouldn’t of made the stadium bigger knowing how big the season ticket waiting list is. Crazy.
The point is there's no money to be made out of Season Tickets.

They're selling heavily discounted seats as a cash gaurentee. The value to the club in extra seats (particularly if sold as ST's) is negligible, particularly as ticketing is such a small proportion of our income anyway.

As for three together straight out of the gate I'd say chances are slim (see my last post). Take anything they offer and try and sort moves in subsequent seasons.

The point is there's no money to be made out of Season Tickets.

They're selling heavily discounted seats as a cash gaurentee. The value to the club in extra seats (particularly if sold as ST's) is negligible, particularly as ticketing is such a small proportion of our income anyway.

As for three together straight out of the gate I'd say chances are slim (see my last post). Take anything they offer and try and sort moves in subsequent seasons.
Unless you're trying to attract a younger, loyal fan base who'll commit to spending for many, many years to come. For the club, young fans are a cash cow.

I go to the game and buy a pint or two in the ground, which probably provides them with a few quid profit at most. My ST is at a discount versus general sale.

My son on the other hand gets a programme, always says he's hungry (there's a hot dog!) and will see other merchandise (tat) that he consistently begs for.

In a handful of games, they'll make more profit from him (me) with the additional sales than they'd get from me alone in half a season. Yes, there's his reduced ST...

..., but they now have him likely for life, and I'll be paying for all the extra stuff (kits, food et al.) for the next ten or so years until he's an adult.

Having him over a middle-aged man like myself is perfect business, hence why it appears they cherry-pick younger fans for tickets.

Last edited:

Unless you're trying to attract a younger, loyal fan base who'll commit to spending for many, many years to come. For the club, young fans are a cash cow.

I go to the game and buy a pint or two in the ground, which probably provides them with a few quid profit at most. My ST is at a discount versus general sale.

My son the on the other hand gets a programme, always says he's hungry (there's a hot dog!) and will see other merchandise (tat) that he consistently begs for.

In a handful of games, they'll make more profit from him (me) with the additional sales than they'd get from me alone in half a season. Yes, there's his reduced ST...

..., but they now have him likely for life, and I'll be paying for all the extra stuff (kits, food et al.) for the next ten or so years until he's an adult.

Having him over a middle-aged man like myself is perfect business, hence why it appears they cherry-pick younger fans for tickets.
Yeah that's a good point. They are a solid, cheap investment in that sense.

I'm like you, hardly spend anything in the ground (mainly because it's a massive ballache to queue at HT only to face disappointment and settle for a CL scalding tea you can't even carry)

My big hope for the ground move is being able to grab a pint with relative ease and have a HT leak. No need to choose between the two.