New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looking at this image, the proposed openings will each be 13.5m wide. Including the 9.5m at the bottom and the 5m at the top, I make that 55m of opening in the wall (not allowing for the stone pillars of course). Not sure what the total length of wall is or whether that is sufficient for adequate dispersal of 50k fans.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-093017_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-093017_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 95
I think that foreshortens their proximity to each other, btw.

The distance of the perimeter wall is 215 metres and the three designated openings would be about 75 metres from each other by the looks of the diagram I posted above.
If the length of the wall is 215m, and my understanding of the diagram in the D&A Statement is correct, then roughly 25% of the wall length will have access through it. Haven't seen the wall length measurement myself though and not sure whether the 215m you've quoted is only up to the first turret at each end. If so, removing the 9.5m and 5m openings shown at each end would make 40.5m of opening from just the three new openings. Roughly 19% of the length of the wall. Again, no idea whether that's enough so I'll have to trust that experts are satisfied.

I disagree, it's turned this whole thread into a turgid chore. It should be interesting to log onto everyday but bellends like him and tedious tits like Tom Hughes have ruined it. I may be and I probably am in the minority but if they were both booted into touch this thread would be a lot better. They're both like children who think it's entertaining and funny to say the same thing ad nauseum.
It’s very unfair (and completely wrong) to lump Tom in with the Thread Bot.

I’ve disagreed with him on things, and even told him I think he concentrates on the negative, but he also offers great insight and is a vital contributor. Any disagreements with other posters are typically respectful.

I still don’t buy into his point about moving the bottom tier back though :)

I’ve disagreed with him on things, and even told him I think he concentrates on the negative, but he also offers great insight and is a vital contributor. Any disagreements with other posters are typically respectful.

100%.

If anybody has put in the hard work to earn the right to be critical, it's Tom.

Aye you're probably right but it's the constant negativity, moaning, repetition and pointless baiting that just drags down what should be a celebration. Discussions are fine.

The central dispersal point is in essence one...which is why I said "No".

View attachment 172996

It's 215 metres long the Regent Road Wall. The three openings in the wall are just over 7 metres each it looks to be. The gated entry points will be for vehicles I'd imagine, so I got that wrong. Apologies.

Whatever they all are I think we can take it as given that is not a great deal of space to funnel through 50,000+ people through post-match at a hell of a rate.

Not for nothing did the club's Design and Access paper describe the Regent Road Wall as "a constraint" of the location for its choice as stadium site.

Not sure that what you are looking at are width dimensions there dave, but rather spot elevations.

I agree. It's the best thing to have happened to the club for decades and I can't understand why people are either against it or ambivalent. I'm following it as closely as I can and I am really excited by the prospect of moving to a new stadium with great facilities. Can't understand why others aren't.
I'll cherish every game I get to see at Goodison, (probably about 15 before we're done) but I cannot wait to move.

A modern, purpose built football ground with far better facilities and decent view from every seat.

No matter how many loft conversions the neighbours do, Anfield will look like a school project where as ours will be instantly recognised and admired by whoever visits the site.

Some people don’t want to mate, a massive minority I’d imagine, I’m not to keen on the idea myself and it’s going to be heartbreaking ,but it’s not about me it’s about the future of the club and money talks more now than ever before,
The club has been clearly mis manged for decades and this could be the turning point, especially as there’s nothing much else going for us,
I’ll have done 50 years at GP by the time we go, it’ll be devastating to me and definitely won’t be the same watching us anywhere else, as for if it will be a better, that will be for others to decide, I’m not so sure.
I think they were outvoted by the tiny majority my son.

God bless.

Would someone please post a link to the planning documents. Some kind soul did so a few weeks back but the link didn't open for me. Thanks.

as usual a lot of people moaning, now its on getting out of a ground thats not built yet, im sure safety has been taken into account, and designs can be changed for the better, a lot will change before its finished, so im happy to leave it to the experts