New Everton Stadium Discussion

download.jpeg.jpg

I just believe that the stadium is something we want showing off and not half hidden behind a wall built by French prisoners of war.

I'm sure they wouldn't give a flying one if it were torn down. That's what we have to remember about that wall, btw: it was built up by human misery. That's no loss to anyone.

...and please dont anyone compare the pyramids to some sandstone wall on Regent Road.

I've heard it said the wall was built by French prisoners of war. Do we know for sure this is true or an urban myth? If it is true, might be a nice touch by the club to put a plaque up on our part of the wall in English and French.

But you're mising the point. The general public should be seeing it from all sides.

Do you think the company with stadium naming rights will be made up that wall's there?

The wall served a purpose during the docks working life and will do so again. The fan zone which is 1.5 times the size of the Pier Head will be right up to the wall. I'm assuming for safety reasons only ticket holders will get into the fan zone (do we know that for sure?).

I've got say I feel a bit for the lads doing the drone work, they've been doing it since day one, wow all of a sudden Everton say that they can only do it on Sunday.
Everton normally release their drone footage on Saturday and then there 4/5 guys doing the their footage the day after all showing the same progress from the week before.
I watch all the footage anyway but used to enjoy watching the footage at different stages when the drone guys released throughout the week.
I agree.

It seems to me that an official club video on Wednesday would supplement what the drone guys do on Sunday.

That would work best for everyone. Updates twice a week and new developments to show off each time.

I've heard it said the wall was built by French prisoners of war. Do we know for sure this is true or an urban myth? If it is true, might be a nice touch by the club to put a plaque up on our part of the wall in English and French.
Like the one In St John’s Gardens? Why?

I've got say I feel a bit for the lads doing the drone work, they've been doing it since day one, wow all of a sudden Everton say that they can only do it on Sunday.
Everton normally release their drone footage on Saturday and then there 4/5 guys doing the their footage the day after all showing the same progress from the week before.
I watch all the footage anyway but used to enjoy watching the footage at different stages when the drone guys released throughout the week.
I haven't actually compared them side by side, but based on the usual urgency shown by our communications team, the club footage maybe from mid April!