New Everton Stadium Discussion

No problem. I'd recommend having a look through the Construction Management Plan, if you haven't already, and are interested in how the whole stadium is going to be put together.

Even if you don't read it fully there's some decent images in there.
Will do, thanks. I've glanced at it before but it's a bit overwhelming!

For anyone else who is interested, you can download it here:

One thing I've noticed already while flicking through the Construction Management Plan is the location of the solar panels on the roof. I knew they'd been bumped up there from the carpark structure, but wasn't sure where. This shows they are over the South stand:

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 15.15.03.png

You sure?

Wasn't the mock-up on site just darker coloured bricks layed within the courses of bricks?

No, there are going to be perforated aluminum panels like the barrel roof but in dark grey.

P1020658.JPG

The above was the original version with the holes reflecting the Leitch design.
It has since been changed to fully perforated panels (like the door in the picture above) with different sized holes and the black beams behind them showing the Leitch pattern.

No, there are going to be perforated aluminum panels like the barrel roof but in dark grey.

View attachment 171727

It has since been changed to fully perforated panels (like the door in the picture above) with different sized holes and the black beams behind them showing the Leitch pattern.
Great! I'd not seen those.

I only have a memory of the bricks, maybe a rendering from St Lukes and later a sample wall on site.

Great pic of the south stand.
One point of note is that the marked white angled beams running from the base of the main support beams back up to the stand do not appear on any previous plans or images.

View attachment 171677

As can be seen from these images.

View attachment 171678View attachment 171679

Maybe not so significant in itself, but it does show that changes have been made to the design and we may be in for more surprises as the build develops.
Temporary cross bracing for construction only.

"Tear down that wall Mr Gorbachev".

The dock wall is a nuisance.

We dont want the club to spend over half a billion on a new stadium which stimulates billions of quids worth of regeneration for the city and have it hidden away from a wall built by prisoners.

Knock that 'kin thing down completely.

Imagine Liverpool FC having to put up with diktat from conservationists if they'd built a stadium at the docks....no, I cant ether.
Liverpool and Walls, great link there @davek

No problem. I'd recommend having a look through the Construction Management Plan, if you haven't already, and are interested in how the whole stadium is going to be put together.

Even if you don't read it fully there's some decent images in there.

Have you got a link….

View attachment 171727

Gona be drafty them

The floor slabs/decks provide stability to the frame so until these are in place then substantial temporary bracing is required.

The below is from the Construction Management plan which shows all the temporary steelwork in green, including the bit you've highlighted.

View attachment 171725
A lot of the temporary steel will need to be kept in place for an extended period of time so they have painted/ protected the same as the permanent. steelwork.
I hope they take the correct bits away when they have finished. Could be a massive expensive Everton Jenga