New Everton Stadium Discussion

Technically nothing stopping him financing it in full no. If it is deemed infrastructural investment it is outside the confines of FFP as I understand it.

Yes, excellently done videos by him, like them too. Looks like 2 corresponding structures to the one already above ground will shortly appear given the pace of the foundation work opposite and same side as the structure already there. On the club video earlier this week, the site manager said they will shortly bring the existing structure up to three floors by installing materials prefabricated off site and which are ready.

Which begs the question, have we or are we about to pass the preparatory works stage that Moshiri was personally financing? The longer the absence of a financing arrangement prevails while costly building works continue, the more it would indicate Moshiri (or USM as stadium naming partners) will pay for the lot.
Who else did you think was going to pay for it.
It’ll be Moshiri using Usmanov money

Not sure why anyone would want a new stadium over having a successful team. Dynamo have a 70 thousand cappasity stadium about an hour from where I live. Visually it's impressive. However the fans do not care too much about this, they would rather see investment onto the pitch.

I do not understand why if Everton struggled to spend money in the summer why would they prioritise a stadium build. There is no chance a 50 thousand stadium would bridge any gap finance wise to the top 7 it makes no sense from finance point of view looking at the numbers.

Not sure why anyone would want a new stadium over having a successful team. Dynamo have a 70 thousand cappasity stadium about an hour from where I live. Visually it's impressive. However the fans do not care too much about this, they would rather see investment onto the pitch.

I do not understand why if Everton struggled to spend money in the summer why would they prioritise a stadium build. There is no chance a 50 thousand stadium would bridge any gap finance wise to the top 7 it makes no sense from finance point of view looking at the numbers.

It's separate though, the money spent on the stadium could not be spent on the squad

Christ, not this again!

No. At the moment it appears the owner (or his financial backer) are funding the prep stage as it evolves into above ground structural work.

At some point they may issue bonds or invite private equity type financing but no sign of that yet. Plus interest rates, post COVID, look likely to increase significantly and possibly quickly. Could see the owner financing the lot.

Relegation excluded that is.. that is the wild card in this.
Is there any way that the fans could be asked to invest? Genuine question, can they do something like a share issue so those that wanted to could make an investment?

maybe a crazy question, so please ignore if it is!

It's separate though, the money spent on the stadium could not be spent on the squad
No. I get technically under rules Spending on stadium is accounted different. But in real terms Everton do not have much money. I feel it would be advisable to spend what little they have actually onto the team over a period of 4 years lets say. Rather than building costs.

Really? I am a high level accountant in my professional life. It looks like Everton have embarked on a project without even having a main source of funds secured. There is a team in Spain with a half built stadium. It's possible this is what could happen to Everton.

….so we know you work on the top floor of a building somewhere.