New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes and no, for instance would City have been taken over by the sheiks had they still been at Maine Road?

Yes we could survive at Goodison for the foreseeable as the cost of building compared to naming rights and extra income won't drastically change our circumstances but to give us any hope of challenging it is a must to move.
I dont see the stadium and on field success need to be or indeed are linked.
Some hope i know but, with a few key signings Benitez could stumble on a winning formula, a top 4 formula and the ground might get shelved for reasons beyond our control.
or
The Ground could sail ahead and be great and we could get relegated.
Football success will help pay for the new ground.
A new ground doesn't help much in the grand financial picture now, the big money is outside of ground reciepts

We need a new ground because we need one, as the old one is past its use by date.
Opinions innit.

Wondering if the 55 thousand was just a throw away number or a hint to a higher capacity.

What do people think of the brick for the facade?

1642069172392.png

Good video. I like him. When he says "other stadiums" at the end, I'm assuming he means he does some filming of the rs stadium build as well?

I wonder if there is a point where we have to confirm how this stadium is going to be financed? If it doesn't, does Moshiri have to drop the 500-600m on it himself to get it completed? Is he allowed to do that as the owner?

Good video. I like him. When he says "other stadiums" at the end, I'm assuming he means he does some filming of the rs stadium build as well?

I wonder if there is a point where we have to confirm how this stadium is going to be financed? If it doesn't, does Moshiri have to drop the 500-600m on it himself to get it completed? Is he allowed to do that as the owner?
Technically nothing stopping him financing it in full no. If it is deemed infrastructural investment it is outside the confines of FFP as I understand it.

Yes, excellently done videos by him, like them too. Looks like 2 corresponding structures to the one already above ground will shortly appear given the pace of the foundation work opposite and same side as the structure already there. On the club video earlier this week, the site manager said they will shortly bring the existing structure up to three floors by installing materials prefabricated off site and which are ready.

Which begs the question, have we or are we about to pass the preparatory works stage that Moshiri was personally financing? The longer the absence of a financing arrangement prevails while costly building works continue, the more it would indicate Moshiri (or USM as stadium naming partners) will pay for the lot.

Technically nothing stopping him financing it in full no. If it is deemed infrastructural investment it is outside the confines of FFP as I understand it.

Yes, excellently done videos by him, like them too. Looks like 2 corresponding structures to the one already above ground will shortly appear given the pace of the foundation work opposite and same side as the structure already there. On the club video earlier this week, the site manager said they will shortly bring the existing structure up to three floors by installing materials prefabricated off site and which are ready.

Which begs the question, have we or are we about to pass the preparatory works stage that Moshiri was personally financing? The longer the absence of a financing arrangement prevails while costly building works continue, the more it would indicate Moshiri (or USM as stadium naming partners) will pay for the lot.

Yeah, you'd think by now (with all the prep work done) they'd have confirmed a finance package. Looks to me like they haven't got one and he'll end up paying for it himself. If that was that was case though, he'd need to be selling Everton for a huge amount of money just to recoup his investment