New Everton Stadium Discussion

Now that Moshiri's 100m has helped the start of the stadium, I wonder what is the status on securing the financing to move on to the next few phases of the construction. They won't just create an artificial beach and then leave it there right.

Now that Moshiri's 100m has helped the start of the stadium, I wonder what is the status on securing the financing to move on to the next few phases of the construction. They won't just create an artificial beach and then leave it there right.
Somewhere for the dog walkers and kite flyers to congregate and have their picnics. The empathy of this club towards the community is astounding

The Shoalway is from Limassol, Cyprus.

Remember when we played them a few years ago in the Europa League

We should set up a home friendly against them in pre-season when the new stadium has been built

That match report!! Could be from any period over the last 10-12 years (insert opposition name as appropriate!)

Well remembered though!

Anyone know anything regarding the steel structures?

Sure I read that they're being pre fabricated as big units then being brought by ship to put straight onto the construction like lego?

For complex steel structures, they are mostly fabricated off site and transported whole, or in sections that can be connected by other mechanical means on site. Off-Site manufacture means a more controlled environment for welding etc, leading to much fewer failures and better confidence. I would expect that much of the lattice work for the roof will arrive in larger complete components, rather than the structures vertical sections, such as columns etc.

I do however remember working with Laings on a bid for the SSE Arena in Scotland, and as part of that we employed fully prefabricated concrete supports with all services builderworks holes preformed. The concrete structure was to form part of the main vertical support, so there's plenty that they can do, which may be slightly unexpected. That process alone took a few months out of the proposed build time.

Why do these videos all sound like the intro to Stalingrad?

Anybody in the know why they left that corner like that? Collect all the extra water that seeps out when they compact the sand? Thats going to lead to a waterclogged pitch if they forget about it....