New Everton Stadium Discussion

That's the toriest thing I've read all week lol

unnamed.jpg

Just a regular Sunday for @roydo

I have no idea about these sorts of things but wouldn't building a huge structure like a stadium on sand make the structure prone to sinking and structural issues? I mean I'm sure they've considered this stuff, I'm just curious
if its in a fixed basin the sand isn't fluid anymore as it has nowhere to flow to. Anyway, the Burj Khalifa does ok on just a base and piles into deep sand. Don't underestimate the power of friction within the sand.

I have no idea about these sorts of things but wouldn't building a huge structure like a stadium on sand make the structure prone to sinking and structural issues? I mean I'm sure they've considered this stuff, I'm just curious
Most of Dubai is built on sand, with huge piles(add your own jokes as you see fit!)

It's actually a very stable foundation when used correctly, there are a number of posts in here from people who have fantastic knowledge of this.

A hoist most likely. They are like 2 H frames, with massive slings, er, slung between them, on wheels. Drop the slings into the dock, boat moves so its above them, and slings are raised, taking boat out of the water, and the H frame thing drives to either a boat yard, or to lob it in another dock.

I see it quite often at our Marina; its just a matter of scale for what they need to lift.
Travelift…. We used to have 3 of them at the boatyard I used to work out… amazing how much tonnage they can lift, depending on size obviously.

if its in a fixed basin the sand isn't fluid anymore as it has nowhere to flow to. Anyway, the Burj Khalifa does ok on just a base and piles into deep sand. Don't underestimate the power of friction within the sand.

Also, the piles that are being placed are through to bedrock. Essentially, you could remove all the sand from the dock and the structure would remain intact. Playing field would be a bit uneven though.