New Everton Stadium Discussion

take a screen pic and post it mate

1633618849479.png

Mightn't it be a good idea for EFC to at least clean it up at our expense? I can't see Peel objecting to that. Imagine it cleaned up to a light granite stone and floodlit in royal blue. Worth every penny in my opinion. Imagine that lot.

….the clock tower is a fabulous structure but there are a myriad of stunning little buildings all around that area. I stayed in the Titanic a while ago and some of the out buildings surrounding that are terrific but in real disrepair.

Those developers really built in style & I often think of what those buildings have seen down the years, particularly during the blitz in WW2.

….the clock tower is a fabulous structure but there are a myriad of stunning little buildings all around that area. I stayed in the Titanic a while ago and some of the out buildings surrounding that are terrific but in real disrepair.

Those developers really built in style & I often think of what those buildings have seen down the years, particularly during the blitz in WW2.

The tobacco warehouse opposite the Titanic is a fantastic and imposing building. Such an amazing view when inside the Titanic.

I agree but the point I was making was that for a relatively modest outcome an iconic structure on the banks of the Mersey could be cleaned up and illuminated in Everton blue which would be great for us and would really annoy you know who. Worth a thought.

I agree but the point I was making was that for a relatively modest outcome an iconic structure on the banks of the Mersey could be cleaned up and illuminated in Everton blue which would be great for us and would really annoy you know who. Worth a thought.

….I understand where you’re coming from but probably not that straightforward. I presume it would need to be purchased & that might also involve surrounding land. Planning permission and the likes.

We would've owned half of it and been entitled to a good slice of all other income streams, both via contractual agreement and the fact that the entertainment arm would be owned by one of our directors.... with options to buy the stadium outright in the future. All for an initial outlay of just £30m (compared to £500m), with various grants and leveraged enabling investment vehicles funding the rest (compared to little or no financial support for BMD). With a larger capacity, far higher number of corporate boxes, greater multi-use flexibility and far superior location for public transport and all major local amenities. We've also missed out on about 17yrs of profits and improved status at a truly high profile city centre location in the process.....

Woooo indeed!

Not owning their stadium hasn't done various football clubs that much harm.... and we would've had a far greater stake in ours than say Manchester City for instance.

Thank you Tom for putting that information out. The Kings Dock wnet by the board because of the Bk/Gregg dispute as I recall. If it had been left to Gregg I think it would have gone ahead but BK did not want to lose control of the club. It is that which has blighted our progress for many years.