New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's a New Everton Stadium thread not a Tom Hughes unwanted carbuncle thread or a Tom Hughes me and my ego thread or most pertinantly a redevelop Goodison thread. Why do you persist you are the most tedious person, other threads have been opened for you to ramble on misty eyed about redeveloping Goodison where people can listen to you or choose to engage in a chat why don't you use them.

When have I said that i only want to redevelop GP? Not once!

Why the misrepresentation or weird aversion to facts, figures and basic questions? It is supposed to be a discussion forum.

Its been weird in here today.

For some clarity re Off Topic etc, generally, we treat threads like a nice conversation in a pub. So, a few of you are having a pint, chewing the fat, stadium wise. Some lad says he thinks redoing Goodison was never really considered, even though in his professional (I assume) opinion, it was doable, back in the day.

That, in my opinion, is a natural extension to a pub chat. Telling him he should go to the snug and talk to himself, isnt.

Its been weird in here today.

For some clarity re Off Topic etc, generally, we treat threads like a nice conversation in a pub. So, a few of you are having a pint, chewing the fat, stadium wise. Some lad says he thinks redoing Goodison was never really considered, even though in his professional (I assume) opinion, it was doable, back in the day.

That, in my opinion, is a natural extension to a pub chat. Telling him he should go to the snug and talk to himself, isnt.
I think it's more like when your having a nice quiet pint and the pub bore is whinging on and on in the background desperately trying to be relevant but only succeeding in annoying like a persistent wasp.
Individual's deal differently in that scenario. Personally I just took my hearing aids out and turned my back. (otherwise known as utilising the ignore function)

I think it's more like when your having a nice quiet pint and the pub bore is whinging on and on in the background desperately trying to be relevant but only succeeding in annoying like a persistent wasp.
Individual's deal differently in that scenario. Personally I just took my hearing aids out and turned my back. (otherwise known as utilising the ignore function)

Which the correct answer.

….surely you like the drone clips, Tom, and everything that’s been done to keep the fish safe? It’s such a lovely new home.
Don't mind them actually...... but nothing much to see there yet. Been in there several times over many years. Not sure I'd call it lovely just now tbh, or certainly not at the height of winter at the end of the Quay.... but hopefully that'll change with the stadium and wind breakers.

This thread, once one of the only places of light in the depths of the E-Sector, has become a hot-bed of antagonism for a multitude of reasons.

To be fair, I do think it is to an extent pertinent to discuss other possibilities in this thread, including previous designs, but for me there's a way of going about it.

I respect the designs, enthusiasm, knowledge and passion that some people have for their views, yet perhaps they've become blinkered by their own desires.

My mention of redevelopment was only in direct response to people claiming that it was not possible.... which is wrong, and even the club admitted that after the kirkby debacle.

Some people spat their dummies because for whatever reason they were unaware of this and disagreed, but couldn't explain why, other than someone's Nan lives in Eton St or something. Furthermore, they had no appreciation of the cost benefit analysis etc that underpins any relocation, and is directly linked to comparisons with redevelopment or other options. This is a moving target affected by a multitude of factors and variables that we have little or no clarity on and has affected stadium builds in the past.... so with that earth shattering revelation, dummies, rattles and even world war 2 shells were chucked out the pram.... and the army had to be called to Crosby beach.

They fail to accept any discussion or that anyone could have reservations or question the project in any way, because apparantly....... they don't want anything to affect the happy clappy positivity of the thread.

They even tried tried to pack me off to another thread haha

Last edited:
HeXfNIpcL2sTlg9RMmJfiVptzLobIlORsN-4K7TTxgM.jpg