New Everton Stadium Discussion

My guess is better than your 5million thats for sure.
Spurs new stadium generates ~£60m in new income per season assuming all seats are sold and all hospitality is full, this is against a debt repayment of ~£20m. This is with ticket prices set considerably higher than we currently have ours and higher than we are likely to be able to charge. This is also at a maximum capacity of 63k compared with our 53k. On that basis our matchday income will be lower, but so will our debt repayment. Spurs are looking at a revenue increase of £40m, ours will be lower.

I stated that estimates ranged from £5m - £25m in increased net revenues, I'm inclined to think it will be nearer the top end of that estimate but it will depend on how the stadium is financed. But let's assume we get what Spurs have got, why not even say that we do better than that and we get a £50m increase. We'll still be £250m behind Spurs. It won't take us from where we are to the promised land on its own.

Now, I've shown my working out, let's see yours. Or I suppose you can just make a snide remark and go a frot yourself rotten with a picture of Marcel.

Spurs new stadium generates ~£60m in new income per season assuming all seats are sold and all hospitality is full, this is against a debt repayment of ~£20m. This is with ticket prices set considerably higher than we currently have ours and higher than we are likely to be able to charge. This is also at a maximum capacity of 63k compared with our 53k. On that basis our matchday income will be lower, but so will our debt repayment. Spurs are looking at a revenue increase of £40m, ours will be lower.

I stated that estimates ranged from £5m - £25m in increased net revenues, I'm inclined to think it will be nearer the top end of that estimate but it will depend on how the stadium is financed. But let's assume we get what Spurs have got, why not even say that we do better than that and we get a £50m increase. We'll still be £250m behind Spurs. It won't take us from where we are to the promised land on its own.

Now, I've shown my working out, let's see yours. Or I suppose you can just make a snide remark and go a frot yourself rotten with a picture of Marcel.
What debt repayment?

The Stadium will be funded externally.

Anyway, we both agree, the Stadium alone will not bridge the gap, the only way to bridge the gap is the same as its always been, get European football, win trophies, make the club attractive.

The new Stadium will help, but its not a magic wand and ive never claimed it is.

I just think 5m a season increase in revenue is for the birds.

And Marcel isnt my type, I prefer ladies.

None of BMD makes financial sense.

What debt repayment?

Anyway, we both agree, the Stadium alone will not bridge the gap, the only way to bridge the gap is the same as its always been, get European football, win trophies, make the club attractive.

The new Stadium will help, but its not a magic wand and ive never claimed it is.

:eek::Blink:lol So you think that means they just give us the money and there will be no need to pay it back??

I guess just cause its not interesting to me doesn't make uninteresting to others. But getting into detailed arguments over financials is not my bag at all.

What debt repayment?

Goat I was noding in agreement all the way till the last bit. Your a man that sends my gaydar into overdrive. So now I don't know what to believe.

BMD doesn’t stand in isolation. It is a primer investment to kick off the whole North docks regeneration. and Moshiri will be making their big money from the entire development not just the football ground at one end.

We'll see. I reckon Central Docks will still be a wasteland when I walk to the match in 2031.

My guess is that you'll be wrong. Money is currently being primed to be poured into the whole area, with lots of different funding models.
Hope I am and hope it isn't just flats for out-of-towners to leave empty. Seeing nothing happen for decades leaves me sceptical.

Hope I am and hope it isn't just flats for out-of-towners to leave empty. Seeing nothing happen for decades leaves me sceptical.
Projects have always needed a kick-start and BMD is just that for the whole of this area. Government will be wetting themselves to get anything done post pandemic and Brexit, conditions have never been so right.

Money is relatively cheap to borrow, economy needs a stimulus like never since WWII, Government have to come good on northern development if they are to maintain seats won against Labour - or even have a chance - this sleazy government will take money from anywhere, so any moral barrier is long gone.

Every chance that for once, something will actually be achieved in this area. Of course we may all be chinese or russian owned by then, but that train has already left the station.

Projects have always needed a kick-start and BMD is just that for the whole of this area. Government will be wetting themselves to get anything done post pandemic and Brexit, conditions have never been so right.

Money is relatively cheap to borrow, economy needs a stimulus like never since WWII, Government have to come good on northern development if they are to maintain seats won against Labour - or even have a chance - this sleazy government will take money from anywhere, so any moral barrier is long gone.

Every chance that for once, something will actually be achieved in this area. Of course we may all be chinese or russian owned by then, but that train has already left the station.

Forgive me but 'll believe it when I see it. The city needs an influx of quality jobs more than anything, we need more developments like Paddington and less flats.