New Everton Stadium Discussion

As daft as it sounds ,in 1978 a canal at Retford was being dredged and they unknowingly pulled on a huge chain which was attached to a timber plug and a 1.5 mile stretch drained into the nearby river.

Haha, never knew that.

Apparently, a lot of canals have them.

Did they find any bombs when they drained & infilled the dock next door.
Wellington dock , the Poo factory extension. Or any other infilled docks.
Screenshot_20210430-112510_Google.jpg

This one.

Last edited:

Better scan everywhere in London too. Good thing we never build anything new down here...

Actually had an old bomb found near on a building site near my work a couple years ago. Was sweet, school got shut down for the afternoon, everyone was evacuated in the area, but the pub opposite was just outside the boundary! :D :D

Better scan everywhere in London too. Good thing we never build anything new down here...

Actually had an old bomb found near on a building site near my work a couple years ago. Was sweet, school got shut down for the afternoon, everyone was evacuated in the area, but the pub opposite was just outside the boundary! :D :D
Canary Wharf and the surrounding area is a total wasteland, as you know, because development would be just too dangerous.

A bomb was found near where I live, it went off before the bomb squad could get there. It did thousands of pounds worth of improvements.