New Everton Stadium Discussion

You'd need absolute confidence that the current restrictions will forever be consigned to the past for my point to have no salience.

I guess you must have an advantage with your ability to see into the future.
What you initially said (which you've now changed to 'will factor into investors risk profiles') was that "no one will lend a penny" to such a project. Which just isn't true. If it was (as someone pointed out) no one would have lent a penny to commercial airlines about to go bust at the HEIGHT of the pandemic - before we knew how effective the vaccines would be, or how well they could be rolled out.

Even moreso when you consider that we are now ALREADY on a path (however gradual) out of the various types of restrictions... with three years to spare.

You are also repeating the same point, in quite a RAWKish manner, just because someone dare bring up a salient point that deviates from the dream of the cult.

All investments carry risk, but not everyone will share the same risk assessment. In contrast to you, I'm not claiming to predict the future, I'm simply stating that the future is unpredictable, and that hey, maybe some people will have concerns about investing in stadia development during a time when people are banned from attending stadia.
39,000 x £45 = £1.7 mill
50,000 x £60 = £3.0 mill
25,000 x £60 = £1.5 mill

Its about more than the gate money

What you initially said (which you've now changed to 'will factor into investors risk profiles') was that "no one will lend a penny" to such a project. Which just isn't true. If it was (as someone pointed out) no one would have lent a penny to commercial airlines about to go bust at the HEIGHT of the pandemic - before we knew how effective the vaccines would be, or how well they could be rolled out.

Even moreso when you consider that we are now ALREADY on a path (however gradual) out of the various types of restrictions... with three years to spare.

And the repeating continues....

I maintain that nobody would lend a penny to the development of a half a billion pound stadium project without a change to regulations that ban people from attending stadia.

No restrictions, no problem.

You'd need absolute confidence that the current restrictions will forever be consigned to the past for my point to have no salience.

I guess you must have an advantage with your ability to see into the future.

A few points:

Business plan>

Naming rights

Even a half full Bramley Moore is 26,000 paying customers.

Tv revenue

Merchandise.

Everton Football Club - an institution that will always need the facility or a facility of a similar nature.

I maintain that nobody would lend a penny to the development of a half a billion pound stadium project without a change to regulations that ban people from attending stadia.

I dont think you understand the commercial property market mate. By its very nature it is a very long term one, and our stadium whilst massive and exciting for us, is a pin prick within the wider context.

Can you kindly point out the regulations that state people will be banned from stadia in 2024? Or, if that's not possible, regulations that state we'll have reduced attendances in 2024?

Can you kindly point out the regulations that state people will be banned from stadia in 2024? Or, if that's not possible, regulations that state we'll have reduced attendances in 2024?

Jesus, I didn't expect everyone to get so RAWK about a point referencing the current regulations that have banned everyone from attending stadia.

To answer your question, I haven't claimed any ability to predict the future. I've merely stated the belief that a change in the current regualtions, which ban anyone from attending any sort of live event, would need to be consigned to the past for people to start investing in half a billion pound stadium developments.