New Everton Stadium Discussion

English Heritage are a bunch of self obsessed historians who have no interest in the future. They would rather see and old building fall down than see it being redeveloped and part of a more modern enterprise.
Absolutely and you seriously have to question if any of them have ever actually been to the area, or if they just saw the name on a list and decided to defend it to the hilt. Having said that, I think I've answered my own question. Who in their right mind would want to stand in the way of something that would bring a massive amount of potential to an area that really needs it. Anyone that's driven down past Bramley-Moore definitely wouldn't stand in the way of it and to be fair, the Liverpool fans that I know that are from the city are in agreement that our new ground there will do more good than letting a derelict 200-something year old site rot away even further and keep that general area down in the doldrums because of it

Great news now let's finally announce funding.

And the Blues will now ramp up talks with a clutch of financial institutions before choosing which lender to strike a deal with.
Impossible to finalise funding until it's 100% approved BUT going off the bolded part above, it sounds like deals have already been struck with several potential lenders. Everton will choose which one to accept as soon as the plans get government approval.

One things for certain they'll be shenanigans aplenty with that USM naming rights deal in regards to FFP.
A9EC6FA4-7709-4A02-9A0C-F5E9144AA5C0.jpeg

No way will they imo, they're invariably on the side of big business, builders and developers so it would almost be directly opposite to everything they stand for.

Can't see them listening to a load of fanatical cultural zealots after the steps the club have already taken to satisfy the main objections and accomodate their remaining sensibilities. UNESCO are just becoming too politicised in their approach and ignore all good well argued commercial considerations, potential area development, potential new jobs and the effect cancellation would have on people's lives.

Only one thing matters to them, their idealistic and unrealistic goals take priority over everything, it's like their religion - they're a bunch of true idealogues and hardcore zealots on a protest march around the world.
Absolutely.
If Jenrick called it in it would be the death knell for the Tories absurd levelling up programme for the north.