New Everton Stadium Discussion

What a glorious few days for this football club.

In the last 6 months we have

1)Carlo ancelotti starting the season as Everton manager
2) sighed James Rodriquez
3) witness Pickford break the spirits of the murderers
4) beat the murderers at the pit for the first time in 20 odd years
5) now the stadium news

What a great time to be a blue

Seen this in the Red Echo from Kirkbride about the funding (says not yet agreed a lender).

"And the Blues will now ramp up talks with a clutch of financial institutions before choosing which lender to strike a deal with.

Moshiri is expected to pump in around £100m towards the project while the new stadium project will be part funded by the naming rights deal the club agreed with USM Holdings last year.

Everton have yet to reveal the value of that deal but USM paid £30m for first refusal, at pre-agreed terms, on the rights."

One things for certain they'll be shenanigans aplenty with that USM naming rights deal in regards to FFP.
I'm not sure that will be covered by FFP. I am no expert but as I understand it clubs need to balance football-related expenditure - transfers and wages - with television and ticket income, plus revenues raised by their commercial departments. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.

I'm not sure that will be covered by FFP. I am no expert but as I understand it clubs need to balance football-related expenditure - transfers and wages - with television and ticket income, plus revenues raised by their commercial departments. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.
Spending on infrastructure such as a stadium would not form part of FFP, you are correct.

I imagine it'll be used in FFP somehow as its considered "revenue" coming into the club. It can't be used against us in terms of "Everton are spending X amount on the stadium" as infrastructure isnt included in FFP like player trading is.

How Everton choose to spend that revenue is completely upto them you would think (be it on transfers, infrastructure, academy etc.)

I will always have Goodison in my heart, the place I first went to in 1962 as a 9 year old boy and where I saw legends such as Alex Young, Roy Vernon, Colin Harvey, Alan Ball, Howard Kendall, Big Joe Royle, Neville Southall the list is endless as are the memories. Memories are all they are though and, as such, can and will be carried in my heart long after Goodison has gone.

Will I shed a tear when we play our last game there? No I’ll cry a river, but, it will be for the best. With this finally getting the go ahead, it is our chance to be once more one of footballs elite clubs. If I am still around I hope to be at the final game at Goodison and one of the first ones at Bramley Moore.

I honestly feel more hopeful of Everton becoming, once again a truly big big club than I have for 25 years.