New Everton Stadium Discussion

The lads have just turned up
IMG-20210223-WA0006.jpg

So 31K existing ST holders, waiting list of 17K... assume 3/4 of them follow through.. that is 44K. Plus 3K 5% for away fans is 47K. They have always said approx. 5K premium seating... so that brings us to bang on 52.5K. It's a perfect size for current needs but only just. And practically zero general sale tickets available except for those cup / Euro games where ST's dont apply?
I expect the club will apply to increase capacity half way through the build

This week has been the most significant week in the history of the club since the founding of the Premier League. In time, it may come to be seen as the most seismic event since, well, we moved to Goodison! This gives the club the chance to become fully relevant once more. Had we moved to that shed in Kirkby, or if Bill Kenwright had his way, we would have transmogrified from one of the major clubs of English football to an historic Tranmere Rovers, the latest in the sad and glorious lineage of Accrington Stanley and Preston North End.

The history and size of the club demands that we rejoin the elite of English football - and stay there. It's an obligation. How far have we fallen? Well, there was a pretty active debate a few seasons ago when Koeman came about whether we were a bigger club than Southampton. Let's be fair. Southampton is a fine football club. However, we used to be giants. Yes, little ol' Everton. Kenwright has so much to answer for. I am not going to slag him off on this historic day, but I will stick to facts: the most unsuccessful chairman in the club's history. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - and you weren't it, Bill.

By the way, regarding capacity, I believe that there is the possibility of expanding at some point. The key thing right now is not the capacity. It is the location. If you really want to take the city, or at least compete once more for it, this is the kind of location that allows you to do that. Location, location, location!