New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is funny. So again I wasn’t the first one that went off topic and political. Then after I say fine let’s drop it then someone starts again. Finally what the heck is Grass ? And ferre? I assume grass and ferret are some type of insults English style? Heck just give me a break. I might be a stupid yank but geez. At least my sir name is Elswick. I was always told by my old man that name originated somewhere around Lancaster. That’s got to worth something. If not fine just ping away. Just do it in plain English cause over here grass is what I have browning in my yard and ferret is an little squirrel like animal. I wish there was a game today we could all talk about this BS

What you grassing over here like?
What’s he actually done apart from go off topic?

Lot of time on your hands mate
As you say, off topic for one.

That and sweeping statements about an entire nation (edited) that the poster then made a feeble attept at an apology over.

As for too much time on my hands, yeah......maybe. Zero connection to feeling the need to raise this point.

Last edited:
As you say, off topic for one.

That and sweeping statements about an entire race, that the poster then made a feeble attept at an apology over.

As for too much time on my hands, yeah......maybe. Zero connection to feeling the need to raise this point.
Technically “Chinese” is a nationality not a race. Last time I checked China is made up of about 10 or so race / ethnicities. But since it’s perfectly fine for a few others to beat the heck out of yalls PM but sensitivity over another nation of people is so un-PC then ok I guess the mods can lock me down for however long they want.

This is funny. So again I wasn’t the first one that went off topic and political. Then after I say fine let’s drop it then someone starts again. Finally what the heck is Grass ? And ferre? I assume grass and ferret are some type of insults English style? Heck just give me a break. I might be a stupid yank but geez. At least my sir name is Elswick. I was always told by my old man that name originated somewhere around Lancaster. That’s got to worth something. If not fine just ping away. Just do it in plain English cause over here grass is what I have browning in my yard and ferret is an little squirrel like animal. I wish there was a game today we could all talk about this BS
Are you truly a yank? Your English is so poor you read as a Brit.

I don't get why the Goodison project would need to be determined at the same time as BMD whatsoever. The latter has a completely different timescale and must go first.
Yeah I saw it mentioned a few pages back that the council plan a special session to view both applications. I asked if that was a fact or just a rumour, no clarity as yet.

Completely pointless viewing the Goodison one until BM has been approved. In fact, even later still. We're going nowhere for at least 2.5 seasons at a minimum.

I don't get why the Goodison project would need to be determined at the same time as BMD whatsoever. The latter has a completely different timescale and must go first.

Isn't the Goodison plan only an outline application at the moment? Approving the full application for BMD and the outline application for Goodison would make sense as one is reliant on the other, and getting both approved at the same time would look great for the club and for the council. It'd be a statement of intent from both for both areas. The Full GP planning app will then be developed and submitted a year or two later as BMD is being built.

Being more cynical, you could argue the council loses any leverage over Everton once BMD is approved and u/c, but I don't think there's any need to be that cynical. Both the club and the council want both projects done as far as I can tell.

Isn't the Goodison plan only an outline application at the moment? Approving the full application for BMD and the outline application for Goodison would make sense as one is reliant on the other, and getting both approved at the same time would look great for the club and for the council. It'd be a statement of intent from both for both areas. The Full GP planning app will then be developed and submitted a year or two later as BMD is being built.

Being more cynical, you could argue the council loses any leverage over Everton once BMD is approved and u/c, but I don't think there's any need to be that cynical. Both the club and the council want both projects done as far as I can tell.

Not too sure but quite possibly. Heard that local consultations were still ongoing as to the future use. Just cannot see this being approved just yet as they wouldn't be able to even start for a few years and who knows what life will look like then.

Has there been no commitment from the council when the they plan to deliver a verdict yet ?

Surely they would have communicated this to the club at least

Yeah I saw it mentioned a few pages back that the council plan a special session to view both applications. I asked if that was a fact or just a rumour, no clarity as yet.

Completely pointless viewing the Goodison one until BM has been approved. In fact, even later still. We're going nowhere for at least 2.5 seasons at a minimum.
Maybe they want BM and if it gives goodison the green light there will be 1000s of jobs.