New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm on the right side, but only just.

But it's not just older fellas you see at the match disappearing off half way through the first half. It's just weird.

45mins, people! How do you get anything done, day to day?
It's a combination in the top balcony.

If you leave on HT, you must decide, piss or food/drink. Virtually impossible to get both done before second half starts.

Even at the 40 min mark you face a small queue to get in the loo, and a medium queue for food/drink.

I love Goodison, but christ I can't wait to move to a modern stadium that's designed to cope.

If this isn’t complete BS, which I suspect it is, perhaps they’re just doing site preparation ahead of the works which require planning permission?

So if the timetable goes to plan, keys handed over start of August, a few friendly games to get the safety certificate, maybe 3 away games at the start of the season, certificate passed by early September then in for the first ever home game of 23-24 season?

So if the timetable goes to plan, keys handed over start of August, a few friendly games to get the safety certificate, maybe 3 away games at the start of the season, certificate passed by early September then in for the first ever home game of 23-24 season?
That sounds too optimistic. ‘Go to plan’ and Everton do not go together.

I haven't looked on the planning portal to note any requests for further information from the planning authority or any agreeed extensions within the statutory time period.

For a development this big, it would be highly unlikely that the planning authority and the various government bodies would have been satisfied with the planning application package received without asking for further information on the various issues (environmental, conservation, transport, building control ie. fire safety, access to and use of buildings etc.) a major development like this on the proposed site would have.

I'd presume the delay in the planning authority's decision could be attributed to requests for further information, the pandemic etc.

Planning permission will be granted.

That sounds too optimistic. ‘Go to plan’ and Everton do not go together.

Yes, like the Spurs stadium, there is a fair chance that it could over run so if wanted, Everton could then do what Spurs did and keep moving back the opening date to later in the season?

Events still being planned for BMD. Sounds like the existing warehouse there until at least Easter 2021 from this.....

Why isn’t the Echo picking up on the Glenigan document and seeing if it is legit and asking probing questions?

They’d rather do a ridiculous article on 10 things only scousers would say...