New Everton Stadium Discussion

£100m project, funded by Everton, for the community it wants to continue serving.
It looks like a fantastic proposal but I struggle to see how Everton can afford 100m plus when we will have a huge loan to pay and at the same time attempt to become a top four team which will also require spending lots of money on players.... unless Usmanov has some other novel idea of how to invest money within the FFP rules.... will the development of this project be subject to FFP rules?

It looks like a fantastic proposal but I struggle to see how Everton can afford 100m plus when we will have a huge loan to pay and at the same time attempt to become a top four team which will also require spending lots of money on players.... unless Usmanov has some other novel idea of how to invest money within the FFP rules.... will the development of this project be subject to FFP rules?
I don’t think we’ll have a problem with FFP after this coronavirus pandemic.

Crossed my mind that. Perhaps, cos the club are in effect gifting the land to the city, and that it is a community/charitable enterprise, quite a lot of grants and funding channels open up.

It may well be a £100m job, but I dont think the club will foot the entire bill.

Good point.

I can imagine they'll surely incorporate some of it into the new stadium or monument?

If it's safe to do so, Arsenal couldn't let their fans take seats due to the under metal being toxic.

I would guess they will use some of it at least in the new place (if safe to do so).

I hope we can gave the seats though. Worst comes to worst they could let us just have the wooden parts and allow us to fabricate the metal to display/use these.

The new stadium/the redevelopment of Goodison does not come into FFP rules.

Spending on infrastructure doesn't affect FFP any debt related to the new stadium/ people's project might show a loss in accounts but not for losses related to FFP so if we show a loss of 40 mil and 55 mil of that is debt to the above the FFP accounts is actually 15 mil pos

Shame to see the Gwladys and Bullens go. As others have said, should be listed.

Suppose it would cost a huge amount incorporating them and what could you even do with them.

It will be great to keep as many of the girders for BMD.

I don't understand. I thought new stadium development in Liverpool meant decimating communinities and creating drug ravaged, crime ridden hellholes? Our plans involve the regeneration of 2 areas. Something is clearly amiss. Can't we simply buy up (force people out) 75% of the houses around Goodison and leave them empty? Moshiri out!