New Everton Stadium Discussion

Haha I seem to recall part of the transport strategy come to think of it, seem to remember it being laughed out of the hearing. Wasn't it up to five or ten thousand fans would have to ride up on bicycles ? Never bought a bike like on the strength of that. Dark times in our history, thank god for KEIOC.

Reduced capacity for night games as they couldn't source the buses on a working day. Shambolic.

Had a read through the transport planning documents and two things jumped out at me..
Firstly, they expect people to stay in the stadium site after matches for longer than they do now, spreading out transport demand. However they only mention the fan park as a way to encourage people to do this, not concourse bars. Hope this is wrong as I’m not sure the fan park is going to be that enticing post game on winter / wet / evening matches.
Secondly, they want over a third of fans to go by train, which is fair enough, but state that the nearest station, Sandhills, will only allow 2,500 fans an hour to board trains. This despite there being 10000 capacity per hour on the trains stopping at Sandhills. That’s just seems crazy and a massive hole in the plan, as it requires 2/3rds of fans using trains to walk 25-30 mins to other stations further away just to board the same trains.

I'm very underwhelmed with the transport plans and I think you're spot on with your first point. I want to get there early and I'll stay a bit later too but I won't be standing outside on Liverpool docks when I do. If there's no pubs/indoor spaces I'll be heading to one of the nearby places that will spring up and the club will have missed a fantastic opportunity.

But what about the bikes ! Ha how anyone can actually compare the professionalism of the Bramley Moore move to either the Kings Dock / Kirkydome symbolic capers is beyond me. Thank god Kenwright no longer owns us.

AA Gent have huge bike parking provisions. Quite enjoy cycling to the ground on the rare occasion I go to watch the Buffalos. It's a weird site when you're riding out there and in a massive group of scarf-waving, singing supporters all on bikes.

The site works are likely to be more complicated here, but 3 years would be considered fairly standard.

Once the site works are completed, the actual structure will seem to go up very quickly. Then the last year will drag by comparison as its all internals and finishing work that you won't actually see progressing.
Did I read in that report in the timeline that the stands will start within a couple of months of the start of construction work or am I mistaken ?

AA Gent have huge bike parking provisions. Quite enjoy cycling to the ground on the rare occasion I go to watch the Buffalos. It's a weird site when you're riding out there and in a massive group of scarf-waving, singing supporters all on bikes.

Would not have worked on the scale Everton were planning on, especially back then, but what ever floats your boat I suppose. Not really realistic for the crowds we were expecting, I'm thinking Gent, crowds were a bit less than the Kirkbydome or the roads were a whole lot better.

Would not have worked on the scale Everton were planning on, especially back then, but what ever floats your boat I suppose. Not really realistic for the crowds we were expecting, I'm thinking Gent, crowds were a bit less than the Kirkbydome or the roads were a whole lot better.

Infrastructure is better for sure, it's also a much smaller town and, consequently, stadium (think it's 23,000). Only other way out there without driving is the bus, however so it makes sense for most.