New Everton Stadium Discussion

Someone asked "We applied for PP for both?"

You answered: "Yes"

It's ok to admit when you're wrong OCCASIONALLY mate
You're missing the overall point here - it's this: were Everton FC in the past involved to the degree they are now in other stadium projects? The answer being 'yes, they were'.

Some people weren't around for them.
Some genuinely cant remember the extent of our pursuit of other stadiums.
Some would rather forget that we've been here before and nothing came of it.

You're missing the overall point here - it's this: were Everton FC in the past involved to the degree they are now in other stadium projects? The answer being 'yes, they were'.

I’m not missing anything, I’m just addressing your specific post, which you were either wrong about, or lied to strengthen your argument.

you’re free to pick which you’d prefer.

Different game being played now mate. Very different.

Tbf mate back then it was penniless Bill.

Financially we are in good hands - relax man.

Different game being played now mate. Very different.
We'll see, I suppose.

Rich people on our side of things could be the difference in outcome.

But the amount of reports being done and placed online mean next to nothing in that respect. It just means they're trying to plan ahead if and when it's green for go.

Did the supermarket have grandstands on it and a transportation plan to shift 55,000 people in and out every other weekend?

Wasn't the main reason it got called in that it would have been the deathknell to Kirkby high street as a destination for retail? So it was the supermarket that caused the issue, but without Tesco's we couldn't continue. A problem we once had no longer exists and that is why we are not in the same position as previous attempts.

Wasn't the main reason it got called in that it would have been the deathknell to Kirkby high street as a destination for retail? So it was the supermarket that caused the issue, but without Tesco's we couldn't continue. A problem we once had no longer exists and that is why we are not in the same position as previous attempts.
The Local Economic Plan for that part of the region would have been affected in terms of retail, yes. But it was also the protests about having so many people flooding into Kirkby and the place being able to cope. Oh, and moles!

Nah. A myth that.

I choose to believe that things are different this time; I guess that makes me an optimist.

Yes, we have failed to get our new ground sorted on the last two attempts BUT that doesn't mean that it won't happen on our third attempt. Else you could use the argument that because we haven't won at Arsenal in the last two games that we're bound to lose again on Sunday - who the hell thinks like that and supports a football club.

In four words "it's going to happen"