New Everton Stadium Discussion

lollol You forgot the Dutch yoke. So you would like to be a republic ruled by all those unelected sods in Brussels on the gravy train, wonder where most of the money came from?

But come on forget all that bull pooh.

What about the looks of the new stadium, does it not look great. Hope to sit it built, from the B/head side it will really look and folk coming in on the cruise liners.seeing it!

It will be the 4th Grace.;)
Unelected?
You mean like your local MEP?

Great ! Any idea when we are going to cast off the Norman yoke we’ve been living under since 1066? (Apart from a brief taste of freedom in the 17th century when we executed a King and became a Republic of course).
I’m still waiting for the Saxon yoke to be lifted.
And what did the Romans ever do for us eh, answer me that.

i have seen the last few matches of the spurs , the single tier stand just isnt making the same impact as Kop and yellow wall . Is that because it is after all a part of the bowl only and there is nothing distinctive about it , apart from the the single tier .Should we have enclosed the single tier stand with a partial wall , to kind of give it an enclosed feel . or to seperate it from the rest of ground ( like a traditional stadium ) . I feel we may end up like spurs , in an effort to replicate the yellow wall

i have seen the last few matches of the spurs , the single tier stand just isnt making the same impact as Kop and yellow wall . Is that because it is after all a part of the bowl only and there is nothing distinctive about it , apart from the the single tier .Should we have enclosed the single tier stand with a partial wall , to kind of give it an enclosed feel . or to seperate it from the rest of ground ( like a traditional stadium ) . I feel we may end up like spurs , in an effort to replicate the yellow wall

Probably something to do with the fact that the Dortmund fans actively create atmosphere.

The Kop is overrated, it’s only YAWN that makes people thing it is atmospheric. Aside from that it’s the same as most Premier League stadiums, it’s quiet until something actually happens.

I toured Spurs stadium a couple weeks ago and asked about safe standing and the guide said it would increase capacity. Like you said, it would be a 1:1 swap
I was speaking to someone yesterday and they said the 1:1 ratio is something that people are becoming confused with: there is scope for larger attendances.

It will have to be one seat to one attendee, but it hasn't been decided whether it will be one traditional seat to one rail seat. They believe the ratio can be higher.

Ultimately, it will come down to government legitimisation and permission from the local authority, however it is far from confirmed what the outcome will be.

The scary part is how the cost of Stadiums has skyrocketed. Back in 2008 it was going to cost us £78m for a 50.4k Stadium. Now we are looking at 8 times that.
The construction companies rip the clubs another one when it comes to new stadia. I can't understand why a winning bid is not stuck with rather than costs then allowed to shoot up at no impact on the builder.
That's down to the people issuing the contract. Typically, a contract will be "Cost Plus" or some variation of that, whereby the constructor gets paid the actual costs of the build, plus an agreed profit on top of that. Normally there'll be an agreed ceiling on the overall cost so the club would know the max value of the contract, but it would normally come in below that.

If the club wanted Fixed Price then, to start with, the construction company will be top heavy on all their estimates to try and make sure they turn a profit. If it comes in 20% below that, then they make a stinking profit and the club have overpaid. If, as the project goes on, it looks like it's not going to make money, then the constructors will be looking to cut costs to the bone, so if there's any weaknesses in the contract, they'll exploit them.

I'm not in construction, and we're, by many orders of magnitude, smaller fry than the likes of Laing, but with customers we've built a relationship over the years, we always work on a Cost Plus basis

If the club manages to get a fixed price contract that'd be a bit of a result.

Good article here on why we couldn't get one (partially because of complexity and timescale, but mostly because construction firms have been very badly burnt by these in the past, biggest example being Wembley):