New Everton Stadium Discussion

Doesn't really matter who's there to receive it, as long as the documents hit the desk at the right time. It likely wont be reviewed for a good few weeks anyway. Theres a lot going on in Liverpool at the moment.

Of course it will take a while to assess, but it's the submission date that everyone will be interested in: it has to be on the desk before Christmas if the club's milestone is to be reached. By my reckoning that leaves this week or next

Of course it will take a while to assess, but it's the submission date that everyone will be interested in: it has to be on the desk before Christmas if the club's milestone is to be reached. By my reckoning that leaves this week or next

I have to admit if it ain't in by year's end, I'll start to have my doubts.

I have to admit if it ain't in by year's end, I'll start to have my doubts.

Been working in development for over twenty years and we "miss" projected planning submission dates all the time for a variety of reasons. What we won't do is submit before every aspect of our application is covered just becuase we have a projected date mentioned some time previously . I'm not saying what's happening either way in the case of BMD but I certainly wouldn't be screaming that its all off if the December deadline is missed.

Been working in development for over twenty years and we "miss" projected planning submission dates all the time for a variety of reasons. What we won't do is submit before every aspect of our application is covered just becuase we have a projected date mentioned some time previously . I'm not saying what's happening either way in the case of BMD but I certainly wouldn't be screaming that its all off if the December deadline is missed.
This isn't the first deadline though, that's the issue. Also what part of construction do you work in ( just curious)

This isn't the first deadline though, that's the issue. Also what part of construction do you work in ( just curious)

Mainly housing (social) and I've lost count of the number of deadlines be they planning submissions, completion dates, client sign offs etc. that have been missed over the years. Its part and parcel of development and can be for a number of reasons and sometimes quite minor in nature . I'm certainly not saying the club are doing everything right or wrong on the BMD, more along the lines of only those closely involved in the day to day developmet will know the comlete picture and whilst keeping the fans informed is important it won't and shouldn't be the prmary concern of the BMD development team.

No idea how anyone puts faith in this happening. These people cant even sack a manager and appoint his successor effficienlty (in other words, things in their own hands), how are many of our fans believing they can make a £600M stadium happen with all of the hurdles that entails, all the moving parts, all the agencies needing to be persuaded and squared off?

Incredible.

No idea how anyone puts faith in this happening. These people cant even sack a manager and appoint his successor effficienlty (in other words, things in their own hands), how are many of our fans believing they can make a £600M stadium happen with all of the hurdles that entails, all the moving parts, all the agencies needing to be persuaded and squared off?

Incredible.

Bore off Dave, nobody is buying your bull this week.

Try again next week.