New Everton Stadium Discussion

If they had anticipated competent rock at say 15m depth then that is where the concrete piles design would go to. But if the competent rock isn't until 50m depth, of which there's a good chance as the Sherwood Sandstone can be extremely week for dozens of metres in depth, then the piling costs could be many many more times than first thought.. With the proximity of the river I would have thought that the rock would be quite weak for quite a depth tbh.

Only Everton, really wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it were a bottomless pit.:Blink:

Mr Horne said it is the council's ambition that the first four stations for the line would run from Lime Street up to Paddington Village, a major redevelopment site just past the new Royal Hospital.

He said: "We are looking at something called the Lime Line which would be a light public transport network that would go from Lime Street.

Hmmm...a light public transport network you say? Party time people it is back on!

o0m.gif
fwiw, United Utilities drove 900mm piles down to about 15 metres when they filled in Sandon dock the other year, and it's only a hop, skip and jump to BMD.

Obviously there could be site specific issues with the geology at Bramley Moore which didn't exist next door, but it'd be very unlucky if that was the case.

Piles were used on the Albert Dock in the early/mid eighties. When we used to win stuff. Bring back the piles I say

Thanks for the explanation. Even without doing the maths on the site dimensions I get that we're talking about shifting a lot more rocks.

Rumour has it that the rubble from the flyover being dismantled in Churchill way is being used at BMD due to its additional strength..... makes sense if true

I know we have a few proper experts on here who know about PP so I have a question. What form and/or detail does it take? Will it be rough capacity, rough dimensions plus transport plans etc? Basically, what wouldn't you expect to be in PP that people will subsequently pick up on to suggest it's still all a hoax?

Rumour has it that the rubble from the flyover being dismantled in Churchill way is being used at BMD due to its additional strength..... makes sense if true
The flyover is being broken down in Gilmoss, right next to Stonebridge :confused: there would be no additional strength from rubble as only good for landfill (hardcore).

I know we have a few proper experts on here who know about PP so I have a question. What form and/or detail does it take? Will it be rough capacity, rough dimensions plus transport plans etc? Basically, what wouldn't you expect to be in PP that people will subsequently pick up on to suggest it's still all a hoax?

Not an expert by any means. But it'll be very detailed, hundreds of pages at least. Here's the Planning Application for our new stadium...

Likely the club will announce pp has been applied for and a few days later the docs will appear on the council website.

the video wasn't believable enough, it didn't have enough stick men.

Fake news!

I havnt a clue about this sandstone stuff mind. As in, is it real, fantasy, sorted, what? When we built an extension, I remember we had to have a bloke round from the council to check the foundations on an existing block base we were lobbing the thing up on. What I cant remember is if that was before, during, or after we applied for PP.

Like why would we go to PP, with a multi million issue unresolved?