New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's been made clear that we cannot expand the stadium by construction means once its' built (which i find disappointing with the space behind the east and west stands)

This can only be done by safe standing if we get the 1:2 oe 1:3 ratio approved (which i highly doubt) - we've kind of been sold down the river with them saying we could increase by 10k.

People have been confused with spurs changing from a 50k to a 60k stadium design, they did not do that after planning permission was granted, it was a completely different stadium project.

They only increased it by a few hundred when shuffling the seating arrangements- which our spurs friends on here have confirmed. numerous times now.

Unless they decide to increase the capacity before the Christmas planning permission objective - we will have to accept it will only be 52k.

Would you please post a link confirming this, from the likes of Dan Meis or Moshiri. Thanks.

Do people still think we will be able to increase the capacity by 10k after we submit planning permission for 52k?
warped.gif

I am all for forum discussion but this is now the mark of insanity How many times will the same things be said ? when the decision ,despite all this PR ,is going to be made by them at boardroom level .Not by some people's club public discussions ,it is a PR thing to get planning in an awkward place just as them submitting the Goodison regeneration plans at the same time .PR nothing more .
The decision on capacity is a financial projection solution ,nothing more .

I think it's pretty obvious that the released design won't allow any structural expansion. The design of the roof is completely integrated into the aesthetic of the building and raising it, or parts of it, would make the stadium look ridiculous from an architectural point of view.

Not saying it's not possible as it's the 21st century but if expansion was a factor I doubt we'd have signed off on such a unique design.

Meis said at St Luke’s that it couldn’t be expanded in size, once built.

I don't have a link but @GwladysPhil is correct as usual. Mr Meis has said on numerous occasions that there will be no scope to increase the capacity of the stadium once it's built.

@GwladysPhil is very correct on this

zero scope for expansion once built

Thanks all - I can't find a link to it either - he's also said it on twitter.once before too.

I accept the 52k capacity - but a bit gutted it's very unlikely now to host a European cup final. Very likely to host a Europa League final though, they'e usually at 40k stadiums (liverpool v sevilla was in a 33k!)

Thanks all - I can't find a link to it either - he's also said it on twitter.once before too.

I accept the 52k capacity - but a bit gutted it's very unlikely now to host a European cup final. Very likely to host a Europa League final though, they'e usually at 40k stadiums (liverpool v sevilla was in a 33k!)
More salt into the wound lol

The reason it’s unlikely to host a European Final is because it’s unlikely to ever get built.

I think it's pretty obvious that the released design won't allow any structural expansion. The design of the roof is completely integrated into the aesthetic of the building and raising it, or parts of it, would make the stadium look ridiculous from an architectural point of view.

Not saying it's not possible as it's the 21st century but if expansion was a factor I doubt we'd have signed off on such a unique design.

I thought the exact same. It's not like other stadiums with differential stands and roofs - this looks like one big curved steel strcuture, and with the smaller north stand,looks very impractical.

CL finals tend to be 60-70k indeed. Not this year, but next years is being hosted in Russia and is 56k.

Spot on regarding EL finals as well, although they appear to try and hit more varied countries with the EL final so less chance of it coming here, still may though.

I thought the exact same. It's not like other stadiums with differential stands and roofs - this looks like one big curved steel strcuture, and with the smaller north stand,looks very impractical.

thing is , if the tv money dries up in 15 years time for whatever reason un known to us right now, and clubs go back to relying on internal and match day revenue, then we will be left right behind , yet again.

we are basically hindering ourselves with a 52k stadium