New Everton Stadium Discussion

Does anyone know how much the RS got off the city council to build big stand?

Nothing.

Im not sure why you keep claiming they did.

Liverpool FC have repaid £10million of the £110million loan from owners Fenway Sports Group for the building of Anfield's new Main Stand.

Nothing.

Liverpool FC have repaid £10million of the £110million loan from owners Fenway Sports Group for the building of Anfield's new Main Stand.

I think LCC invested money into the Anfield regeneration program which Liverpool Football Cult was a partner. Don't think any money was given directly to the club to be put towards the stand.

Nothing.

Keep saying? I've asked once. Quoting the Echo too oh dear.

Joe Anderson advised the Liverpool fans they got given money from the council when building their new stand when they kicked off over the potential financial support for ours.

Keep saying? I've asked once. Quoting the Echo too oh dear.

Joe Anderson advised the Liverpool fans they got given money from the council when building their new stand when they kicked off over the potential financial support for ours.
Invested money in the infrastructure around Andield I believe, and plan to put 200m to improve the surrounding area.

Invested money in the infrastructure around Andield I believe, and plan to put 200m to improve the surrounding area.

Thanks - I assume with us that will be the nearby streets - and nothing to do with the stadium its self then.

Funny they get investment to fix an area they destroyed.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist about not getting any news. The same thing happened before the consultation and the release of images. Even though the club had given a timescale. Planning application to be submitted before Christmas, if you've had your turkey and heard nothing then it's time to have a little whinge. Not in September ffs

Stop getting your knickers in a twist about not getting any news. The same thing happened before the consultation and the release of images. Even though the club had given a timescale. Planning application to be submitted before Christmas, if you've had your turkey and heard nothing then it's time to have a little whinge. Not in September ffs

is that the next stage ye? planning permission before xmas?

happy days then not long to go, be boss when work starts getting done, will start to feel more real then

Our Planning Application must be at the 'fine tuning' stage now. Pre-Christmas submission was the word.

If it is to go in before Christmas, I would guess it would be no later than the second week of December due to the holidays. Remember, they also said they would let us know about the financing at the time the plans go in. Interesting that, as there is no compulsion to do so at that stage.

I was down there today for around 20 mins and had a good look around.
First impressions, the site is big enough.
The walk from town & Sandhills is straight forward enough but unlike the area around Goodison there is nowhere to stop ( as in no watering holes whatsoever enroute) so if its pissing down all you have is warehouses & a dock wall to gawp at.
This may change ofcourse but cant see many investing until there is something more than a stadium in the locality.
Regarding the 'whiff' question....initially couldnt smell anything but on leaving there was a slight smell ( maybe it occurs at specific times?) but nothing that makes you pinch your nose.

Loads of old boozers that way that will be developed. Investors will be all over that area now and I've heard they've already got their paws all over the area.

By the time the ground is built pretty much the whole of that area will be completely different.

Do people still think we will be able to increase the capacity by 10k after we submit planning permission for 52k?

That is key for me. If they do have detailed plans to increase the capacity, rather than relying on a change of policy re. standing, then fine. If it is just still merely back of a fag packet, then I'll be disappointed.

Overall, I'm looking to see something detailed about public transport provision and also the facilities on the concourses for the average fan to get a pint before during and after the match.

That is key for me. If they do have detailed plans to increase the capacity, rather than relying on a change of policy re. standing, then fine. If it is just still merely back of a fag packet, then I'll be disappointed.

Overall, I'm looking to see something detailed about public transport provision and also the facilities on the concourses for the average fan to get a pint before during and after the match.

It's been made clear that we cannot expand the stadium by construction means once its' built (which i find disappointing with the space behind the east and west stands)

This can only be done by safe standing if we get the 1:2 oe 1:3 ratio approved (which i highly doubt) - we've kind of been sold down the river with them saying we could increase by 10k.

People have been confused with spurs changing from a 50k to a 60k stadium design, they did not do that after planning permission was granted, it was a completely different stadium project.

They only increased it by a few hundred when shuffling the seating arrangements- which our spurs friends on here have confirmed. numerous times now.

Unless they decide to increase the capacity before the Christmas planning permission objective - we will have to accept it will only be 52k.