New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ignore me. I have found some earlier concepts.

That home end did look epic!

I’m now slightly disappointed...and I was excited before I learnt this. Damn you.

I’m trying to find any 3 tier stands on any plans? They all look like 2 tier?

There are images of goodison Park footprint over the top of BMD footprint that give the initial illusion of 3 tiers. Are we not just getting mixed up?

This was the initial 60k designs from the meeting at St Luke's.

Screenshot_20190901-230800_Chrome.jpg

Watching the old firm now and realised BMD will be just over 1k bigger than ibrox. Those two tiered main stands on the sides of the pitch look very underwhelming, quite deflating tbh.

I can imagine the incline on the stands will be similar, we're basically getting the ibrox with the extra capacity being the corners filled in?

Wish we could have had an extra tier on at least one of the east west stands like what was shown by Meiss in St Luke's.

Let’s just get the thing built. The commercial opportunities of a stadium on the docks (irrespective of capacity) will be enormous.

The important thing is getting work started, that’s when it will feel real, although I read the other week Valencia started building their new stadium in 2007 and it’s still not finished 12 years later. Valencia are a massive club so hopefully lessons are learned from that.

Shows the importance of making the start and ensuring that the team on the field secures the European Football required to sustain these improvements and ultimately fill the ground consistently.

Lads, I've been partly on me jollies and partly logged out of my account but...

Have the club announced anything since the close of the second-stage consultation.

Can't see anything on the OS?

So someone gets ill, can't attend the match for a while and the club takes their season ticket off them.

Or their child gets ill, so the family can't attend the match for a while and the club takes all of their season tickets off them.

Or someone loses their job and cant travel back to Liverpool for a while and the club takes their season ticket off them.

You're an idiot. It is a terrible idea.

They should have to send a doctor's note to the club.

Lads, I've been partly on me jollies and partly logged out of my account but...

Have the club announced anything since the close of the second-stage consultation.

Can't see anything on the OS?

Nothing mate.

We will probably be waiting until the end of the year for anything substantial, when the planning application is made.

I know I trust them.

I'd love to see the comparrison diagrams of our now proposed stands to other grounds like Meiss did at St Lukes that time.

The scaled back BMD was 'leaked' earlier in the year in a document, will have been on here. The sliced stand comparisons to other stadiums were all much smaller compared to the St Lukes verson.

The proposed new cruise liner terminal (plus hotel and car park and probably lots more as well) is to be built just north of the current cruise terminal - I'd say that is no more than a mile from BMD, so the liners will come VERY close to the stadium indeed. Can't wait!

And just to the north of the new cruise liner terminal will be the new IoM terminal.

I know I trust them.

I'd love to see the comparrison diagrams of our now proposed stands to other grounds like Meiss did at St Lukes that time.

So, this was from April 2018, Meis' presentation

EFC8.jpg

This is from November 2018:

DzhcI3WX4AAhh7l

This is from the stadium reveal a few weeks ago:

p07hv3hs.jpg

Question is: Is the Nov 18 image similar enough to the render above for the size comparison to still make sense?

I watched a bit of Gladback v Leipzig on TV at Borussia Park on Friday night, and was surprised they have a 54,000 capacity. The stadium looked deceptively smaller.

They seem a bit reliant on past glories like us but if they can hit those numbers, surely we can do better at 60k?

Maybe I'm too used to seeing different stadia over the years and take them for granted but I thought Borussia Park had a very "functional" somewhat boring look to it internally.

I can't say I was hugely wowed by the proposed interior at BMD either by the same token although I do like the exterior.

But I'm becoming convinced we will regret aiming low at 52k unless there are substantial reasons that it can't be exceeded.

EFC8.jpg

DzhcI3WX4AAhh7l

p07hv3hs.jpg

Question is: Is the Nov 18 image similar enough to the render above for the size comparison to still make sense?

Nope. The new render would be smaller than the November 18th one as that is a 3 tier render which we haven't got now.

The lower tier in the new renders is larger than the one on show but we are still missing additional rows from the 3rd tier (middle)

I watched a bit of Gladback v Leipzig on TV at Borussia Park on Friday night, and was surprised they have a 54,000 capacity. The stadium looked deceptively smaller.

Went to Ajax's ground nearly twenty years ago now and was struck at how small it seemed. It didn't feel like a 50k stadium but equally it felt like it would be horrible to play in as an away player as it felt close.

Now I know there's elements of that design that look really dated but I think they did a good job of making it feel compact, hpefully BMD will have a similar feel.

EFC8.jpg

DzhcI3WX4AAhh7l

p07hv3hs.jpg

The 2nd pic mirrors the centre of the west stand so yes it's the same. But much smaller than the original St Lukes presentation.

EFC8.jpg

DzhcI3WX4AAhh7l

p07hv3hs.jpg

From the bottom pic (right stand) - it's like they've taken out the bottom tier and swapped the upper with lower.

Worried that smaller stand behind the goal will look silly next to the others, bit like Newcastles and to an extreme extent, the aviva.

The 2nd pic mirrors the centre of the west stand so yes it's the same. But much smaller than the original St Lukes presentation.

Ahhhh you are correct mate, that's a good spot that. I always assumed we had just had a 3 tier design but it's not, it's just the centre section of the West stand that looks like a 3 tier stand due to the media section in the middle.