New Everton Stadium Discussion

Watched the vid about 20 times, paused it on my hopeful seat, but I have some, niggles.

1. Its VERY close to the water.
2. Its built on sand??? And concrete, but sand? Anyway.
3. Just read the Meis interview, he said the capacity is restricted by the site, due to the site the costs are disgusting and we had to scale down some things.

Anyway, just wanted to voice those, ive always felt the location was a bad idea, but also in the interview Meis says its better to play in a full stadium then a half full. I think 52k is fine, for now of course, but it might not be in a few years.

However, we didnt really have another choice location wise, so it is what it is. Im sure once I see it in the flesh I will love it and part of the reason we love Goodison is the memories we have, we will make new memories. We will create new history.

Its honestly a credit to the people pushing this through, I suppose Moshiri must take the lions share, hes the 1 making it all happen, without him we wouldnt even be this far down the road.

A long road still to travel, many obstacles to navigate and yes, weve been down this road before, but we never really had somebody able to make it really happen.

Im confident we do now

Still torn regarding the design, I mean its growing on me and I have no idea what I wanted or expected, I dunno, soz for negative vibes bros.

We have had the same seats for 35 years.
When me dad and I were buzzing about this earlier, we both said, we hope we make it to see the new ground.
Neither of us are in good nick right now and we will be fuming if we don't make it !

Mate if you can survive the last 30 odd years watching us then I’m sure you’re strong enough and stubborn enough to make it to BMD. :) all the best to you and your old man and I will be flying over for the first game assuming I can get tickets and hope to hear your there... the feel good factor is back at Everton ... finally . :)

Watched the vid about 20 times, paused it on my hopeful seat, but I have some, niggles.

3. Just read the Meis interview, he said the capacity is restricted by the site, due to the site the costs are disgusting and we had to scale down some things.

Anyway, just wanted to voice those, ive always felt the location was a bad idea, but also in the interview Meis says its better to play in a full stadium then a half full. I think 52k is fine, for now of course, but it might not be in a few years.

However, we didnt really have another choice location wise, so it is what it is. Im sure once I see it in the flesh I will love it and part of the reason we love Goodison is the memories we have, we will make new memories. We will create new history.

Its honestly a credit to the people pushing this through, I suppose Moshiri must take the lions share, hes the 1 making it all happen, without him we wouldnt even be this far down the road.

A long road still to travel, many obstacles to navigate and yes, weve been down this road before, but we never really had somebody able to make it really happen.

Im confident we do now

Still torn regarding the design, I mean its growing on me and I have no idea what I wanted or expected, I dunno, soz for negative vibes bros.

Working in new jersey for the duration of this summer and attended the Red Bulls v NYC derby two weekends ago. The match attending in person v tv watching dynamic is different here and (potentially) is the way of the future for the PL. In short, all games are televised and available on either league (games on different nights) or club owned channels and fans get their hit remotely more than by being physically there every game. Moreover, it is an expensive experience to attend every game (it was $14 for a can of coors lite at the game). Assuming BMD has the best and newest tv and online viewing tech built into it, that is the way of the future... from a commercial viewpoint whether we have 52,000 or 62,000 is incidental beyond local big knob wobbling shouts.
The future is globalised. Potential fan markets are in the hundreds of millions not incremental thousands.

With regards to the location, I understand that some may be worried because of the stadium’s proximity to the water and with the levels potentially rising in the future due to climate change etc. These potential issues will have been studied to death with worst case scenarios planned and catered for. We simply wouldn’t get the required funding and planning approval if there weren’t substantial feasibility studies conducted backed up by scientific data.

I’m not too worried about it personally.

Well done to all involved, it’s a fantastic design. I think it will push us on tenfold, commercially.
Fingers crossed we will have an exciting team to watch when it’s built. Roll on 2023

Im confident we do now

Don’t apologise fam, it’s fine, we’re here to help. We feel for you.

First thoughts.
It's very beautiful. Tasteful.
On watching the main video I wasn't blown away.
It was the video on the BBC that blew me away.
What comes across in this video for me is how big it is, at ground level. At the human level.
I think that it's really hard to tell what architecture drawings will feel like when translated into steel and brick, but this video started to do it for me.
I'd love to see more hi-res images and also what it would look like from across the water or on a ferry.

First thoughts.
It's very beautiful. Tasteful.
On watching the main video I wasn't blown away.
It was the video on the BBC that blew me away.
What comes across in this video for me is how big it is, at ground level. At the human level.
I think that it's really hard to tell what architecture drawings will feel like when translated into steel and brick, but this video started to do it for me.
I'd love to see more hi-res images and also what it would look like from across the water or on a ferry.
Why couldn't Everton have used that video instead of the one they did? It's miles better and makes the stadium look even more impressive.

Working in new jersey for the duration of this summer and attended the Red Bulls v NYC derby two weekends ago. The match attending in person v tv watching dynamic is different here and (potentially) is the way of the future for the PL. In short, all games are televised and available on either league (games on different nights) or club owned channels and fans get their hit remotely more than by being physically there every game. Moreover, it is an expensive experience to attend every game (it was $14 for a can of coors lite at the game). Assuming BMD has the best and newest tv and online viewing tech built into it, that is the way of the future... from a commercial viewpoint whether we have 52,000 or 62,000 is incidental beyond local big knob wobbling shouts.
The future is globalised. Potential fan markets are in the hundreds of millions not incremental thousands.
And that market can be captured by experience. Packed stadium every match. Awesome atmosphere. Stuff that is truly unique to top level footy.

This view looks amazing, stands close to the pitch and steep looking stands, should be a very intimidating stadium

How did Spurs allocate their season ticket holders when they transitioned to the new White Hart Lane? I'm assuming people who've had their seat at Goodison for the last 20 years will want to keep a similar view?