New Everton Stadium Discussion

I dont doubt for a second this will happen, theres more people behind it then just Everton.
Peel are behind it, a massive company, much bigger then us, who have professional people at all levels and get stuff done.
However while I'm sure it's on, the start date I'm not so sure about. I think that's years away, camt see us moving there for another 5 or 6 years. This summer, well right now we are doing even more work on Goodison, which makes me think the club know this.

And I hope you're right mate

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that I'm not getting my own personal hopes up because of what's happened in the past

This club gets to you like that sadly. I still love it and I'll still be at the match like, but I'll believe this ground when I see it

Nothing would make me happier than to be completely wrong on this and for yourself to vault the fudge out of me ;)

And I hope you're right mate

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that I'm not getting my own personal hopes up because of what's happened in the past

This club gets to you like that sadly. I still love it and I'll still be at the match like, but I'll believe this ground when I see it

Nothing would make me happier than to be completely wrong on this and for yourself to vault the fudge out of me ;)

Just died of cringe.

so why do you think an Accountant bought that 200 yr lease for £20m?

Because they want to build a stadium

Mate I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying

I don't think there's any subterfuge or shenanigans going on here

I believe the club wants to build the stadium. Their motives are genuine. I'm not trying to suggest that this isn't a sincere attempt by them to get the ground built

I'm just not convinced they can successfully complete it due to past failings so I'm taking a wait and see approach to the whole thing

I've had my hopes dashed on this topic too many times to give the club the benefit of the doubt this time

I have zero thought that their intentions are anything else than to get BMD built, it's their competence I question

Making reference to a fairly new stadium in a thread dedicated to our potential new stadium is normal. It’s a topic for discussion, are you not familiar with how forums work?
I'm sure you were crying a few weeks ago about Spurs new ground getting airtime in this thread

I think a few just want to see some spades in the ground to truly believe it. Understandable given KD and DK attempts.

I just feel it's different this time, we can get the money, of that I have no doubt.

Cringe away then pal

You've been hounding me ever since I had the temerity to say I didn't share your hate boner for a particular Twitter personality

You're a nasty, hate filled person as far as I can see

If my posts cause you to cringe so much then maybe you should use this fine forums ignore feature so that you won't have to read them?

TBH I don't even look at who's posting most of the time as I put the avatars out of the screen. I can't even remember what you're on about either. Just felt your "I wish i could... I really wish I could.." thing was like out of a 90's film.

I believe the club wants to build the stadium. Their motives are genuine. I'm not trying to suggest that this isn't a sincere attempt by them to get the ground built

I'm just not convinced they can successfully complete it due to past failings so I'm taking a wait and see approach to the whole thing

I've had my hopes dashed on this topic too many times to give the club the benefit of the doubt this time

I have zero thought that their intentions are anything else than to get BMD built, it's their competence I question
I understand.
The padt failings

I understand what youre saying....but those past failings were by a different regime

One concern of mine:

From everything we've seen so far I get the impression that the space under the stands is going to be used as external walkways outside the stadium.

Obviously this will be sacrificing concourse space - don't want to be crammed in the concourse at halftime when grabbing my warm Carling.

Why is this the one you think will definitely happen mate?

Merely because it's Moshiri's first stab at it or because there's just something about this one that makes it different from all the other times we've bodged it up?

Not having a go in any way, just interested

Refill my optimism glands ;)

Mainly because of the costs so far and how far down the line we have come. I still haven't seen a jot of evidence to say otherwise. Yes Moshiri does come into it....he knows his finances he knows the score unlike BK who was living in cloud cuckoo land. Moshiri wants it he will get it. BK wished for it and had his bubbles burst. It's on lads.