New Everton Stadium Discussion

don't hold your breath mate. im sure an announcement on actual funding would come first, no way are we EVER going to see a nice new stadium proposal with fully design pics , until we DEFO have all the dough to do it.

we haven't got the dough yet

We’ll probably end up having to try to build the new stadium out of Stickle Bricks.

Can't help but be impressed with Spuds new set up. Crackin atmosphere too.

They're gonna be sick when our newbie blows theirs out the water... :oops:
The new WHL certainly looks great but I'm not too sure the atmosphere will be easy to sustain beyond big games. I say this primarily because in my view there are too many tiers to the side stands. This goes against the transmission of noise between the various sections of fans, particularly as the middle tiers appear to be corporate, as at Wembley and Arsenal. OT has it right, with the corporate areas being at the top of the upper tiers.
I like the huge home end and its proximity to the pitch. But from looking at TV pictures it looks like the seating is not particularly dense, again a negative when needing to generate noise. And one other thing which for me is a no-no -- breaking up the section immediately behind the goal with a gangway.

The new WHL certainly looks great but I'm not too sure the atmosphere will be easy to sustain beyond big games. I say this primarily because in my view there are too many tiers to the side stands. This goes against the transmission of noise between the various sections of fans, particularly as the middle tiers appear to be corporate, as at Wembley and Arsenal. OT has it right, with the corporate areas being at the top of the upper tiers.
I like the huge home end and its proximity to the pitch. But from looking at TV pictures it looks like the seating is not particularly dense, again a negative when needing to generate noise. And one other thing which for me is a no-no -- breaking up the section immediately behind the goal with a gangway.

The "Gangway" you quote is actually two sections roughly either side of the penalty area for wheelchair users and their helpers. Spurs decided that cos people have "disabilities" they should now not be shunted away in corners or not have bad views/away from the atmosphere like they are at many stadiums. This is because facilities have mostly been added in older stadiums where it's easier to build the facilities needed which lets be honest, is a after thought as its only in the last 20? years or so they have really started to be catered for properly.

Surprisingly (and I'm pleased about it,) the seats at WHL are not as wide as at the Emirates and there is maybe a tiny bit less leg room than there is in the equivalent non corporate seats at theirs (but still a lot more than than at old WHL.)

Even though it takes supporters a while to get used to a new stadium, the atmosphere has been quite good, in fact proper rocking for the two of the 5? games so far. The other 3 it's been ok but still proper loud when the big stand gets going (and it actually helps with the atmosphere not having any corporate seats at all at either end of the stadium.)
Oh and also only having the two stands behind each goal at the more reasonable prices for cheaper S/Ts doesn't seem to have ruined the atmosphere and the big stand does generate a massive amount of noise to my end of the stadium (my profile picture was taken from my seat in the middle tier facing the 17,500 stand.)

P.S. I'm not saying that it's perfect as there is still many things for the club to sort out but as there has only been a few games it will take a bit more time to iron things out.
Another thing, don't any of you who visit next week expect to be blown away cos after all, it's just a football stadium (but a very good one.)

Being, even in these climate change days, still England, it could be a case of...this week, next week, sometime, never.
I'm going with 4th Aug...no special reason
We were over there for a month last Summer and had to put the sunscreen on every day after day three. And that includes three days in Scotland.

Got home to Melbourne in the middle of Winter with a terrific suntan.

Overall i have been very pleased with our new gaff. I have given up drinking in the 'longest bar in Europe' in the South Stand as it gets too busy. I traipse up to a bar on level 5 but need to stop for oxygen half way up. As HH says above the atmosphere has been pretty good overall, very good for Palace & the 2 CL games and OK for Brighton & WHU. When it gets going it is VERY loud, it even drowned out the CL music befoe the Ajax game.

The main issue is getting away post match which was always going to be a problem. There are a few tips i can give nearer the time which will help soften the pain.

I have heard away fans complain that because they stand during the match, the view for disabled away fans can be impaired. They also said that the home fans in the tier above appear very close although that will only be an issue when Woolwich or CFC visit i imagine.