New Everton Stadium Discussion

Half the fans who go the west ham games aeent even supporting west ham. A good chunk are jusf people on days out because the tickets are so cheap and easy to come by

That may be true and they may attract plenty of day trippers. But considering how many weekend people come to Liverpool we may attract a good few weekenders.

Our game at West Ham cost more than £10, if you paid that good luck but mine cost £30. Don't think the West Ham fans paid £10. The attendance was nearly 60 000, I think we'd sell out a 55 000 stadium. That was my point, so really don't get what you are on about..

Point was, an awful lot of West Ham tickets are dirt cheap. Not the aways, obvs. If they had built and paid for that stadium themselves, (which they would never have done anyrate), then had to service the debt, not a chance they would fill it at proper PL match prices.

Spurs will fill their place, with all the tickets increased in price from WHL prices.

That may be true and they may attract plenty of day trippers. But considering how many weekend people come to Liverpool we may attract a good few weekenders.
All the day trippers are currently in the pit waving their tickets bought at at least twice their value from rs s/t holders who know how to make a profit...tories through and through.. :cool:

On that subject, sacrificing concourse space as a walkway will surely have an impact on us getting a pint at half time?

The side stands look fine for concourse space and the home end looks good also. The other end looks on the small side. Gwladys street lids would be like home from home in there methinks. Even though in theory they would all be in the opposite end...

I agree, when I saw the plans for the multi storey riverside my heart sank. That said, the more I think about it, we need to see the plans to make a judgement. It could have a multi storey bar along the riverside disguising the car park. It could even have a roof top bar with spectacular views. Just because multi storey car parks don't normally have these things doesn't mean they can't.

I might be wrong but the car park looks like it will only have a couple of levels maximum above ground so it won't block the view from the river to the stadium or from the stadium to the river. From the picture you can see the car park and it is way lower than the stand. With any luck we will have a roof top bar/viewing point on top of the main stand:

20190411_202130.jpg

Almost every West Ham game is classified as a sell out because a lot of tickets are sold to a season ticket holder
BUT
as well as them being able to sell very very cheap adult season tickets, a fair few child season tickets where bought by adults (for only £99 for the season) and they then upgrade the ticket to an adult when they finally wanna actually go to a game, some even haven't upgraded the ticket and have just gone in on the child ticket (but apparently they have tightened up on that this season?)

When the metropolitan police have been asked for the real attendance at London stadiums the actual crowds are always thousands lower (with West Ham sometimes having 15,000 less and Arsenal upto 10,000.)
Spurs at Wembley have also had thousands less (but I blame our main reason as "Wembley apathy" which I was also guilty of.)
Unlike the other teams, at NWHL Spurs are publishing the real attendance, not the amount of tickets sold.

Last edited:
Not buying that safe standing will increase the atmosphere tbh. It'll still be the same people in the same place and we stand up most of the time for the big games anyway. People are looking abroad at teams like Dortmund who are mental every game but that's their culture. Prem teams lost theirs years ago.

Not buying that safe standing will increase the atmosphere tbh. It'll still be the same people in the same place and we stand up most of the time for the big games anyway. People are looking abroad at teams like Dortmund who are mental every game but that's their culture. Prem teams lost theirs years ago.

And they can keep it. It's really not something I envy at all, personally.

I might be wrong but the car park looks like it will only have a couple of levels maximum above ground so it won't block the view from the river to the stadium or from the stadium to the river. From the picture you can see the car park and it is way lower than the stand. With any luck we will have a roof top bar/viewing point on top of the main stand:

View attachment 56820
Why not have the fan zone riverside & the car park Dock Road side?