New Everton Stadium Discussion

Any reason why we can add on the east/west stands?

Probably not in principle, sure there’s a ratio between sides and ends which new grounds work within, and managing exterior space for flow of footfall etc. But seems to be the north stand where the site space becomes problematic.

Jury's still out for me, 52k is too small I reckon, but will wait to see the detailed design plans.

It needs to be between 55 and 60 000, don't doubt we'll fill a 55 000 stadium every home game. West Ham got just short of 60 000 against us the other week.

Any reason why we can add on the east/west stands?

The west(ish) stand (closest to the river) is accessed through the goal end stands, the big home end might be able to take a few more thousand but the one closest to the waste water works I doubt they would allow too many more people to go through it as it will hamper evacuation times. So it probably means that the east stand would be the only one that could be extended in future. This is of course if nobody slaps a large-ish building in front of it. At the moment it is designated as a football plaza but if someone comes in with a big offer to take that space I can't see the club saying no.

After seeing Spurs new stadium and how it cost £1 billion.

I dread to think what a stadium will look like at half the cost.

Eh, part of that cost was due to overtime and other charges that aren't reflective of the typical cost if the project is done appropriately. Paul Brown Stadium and Lincoln Financial Field cost less than $500M and are 65K and 70K respectively. I would think 500 pounds or $650M would get us a stadium with that footprint every bit as nice.

The west(ish) stand (closest to the river) is accessed through the goal end stands, the big home end might be able to take a few more thousand but the one closest to the waste water works I doubt they would allow too many more people to go through it as it will hamper evacuation times. So it probably means that the east stand would be the only one that could be extended in future. This is of course if nobody slaps a large-ish building in front of it. At the moment it is designated as a football plaza but if someone comes in with a big offer to take that space I can't see the club saying no.

On that subject, sacrificing concourse space as a walkway will surely have an impact on us getting a pint at half time?

So whatever we get is what we are stuck with for 100 years +

But yeah lads 52,000 is sound because safe standing will increase it to a whopping 52,000.

Meffs
He said the site could take a 60k stadium and when built it could not be increased , but I note you ignored that.

None of us can predict into the future what improvements/changes /alterations/increases may be possible in twenty or thirty years time.

Eh, part of that cost was due to overtime and other charges that aren't reflective of the typical cost if the project is done appropriately. Paul Brown Stadium and Lincoln Financial Field cost less than $500M and are 65K and 70K respectively. I would think 500 pounds or $650M would get us a stadium with that footprint every bit as nice.
Fully agree, also by the time you factor the basic wage bill I believe they had labourers on £30 ph

As I understand it the safe standing can only increase capacity exponentially to the amount of seats added.

So if the stadium was built with 52,000 seats & we wanted to increase capacity & add another 10,000 people standing we’d need to build another 10,000 seats.

Or you have 10,000 allocated for standing & 42,000 seated if the stadium is built as they are alluding, ie 52,000.

Looking at the North South orientation of the stadium on the site we are squeezed for room & parking in particular. I really hate the idea of a multi-storey on the riverside apron ....

I agree, when I saw the plans for the multi storey riverside my heart sank. That said, the more I think about it, we need to see the plans to make a judgement. It could have a multi storey bar along the riverside disguising the car park. It could even have a roof top bar with spectacular views. Just because multi storey car parks don't normally have these things doesn't mean they can't.