New Everton Stadium Discussion

60,000 seats - fill it every week using EITC inviting schools, homeless and those in need (if we dont sell tickets).

Regardless I would like to see EITC get 500 season tickets.

Revenue is generated by facilities, get people in the ground from 1pm. I spend more on county road than in GP.
And there is the problem.
The club know there's a good chance there not going to fill 60,000 seats so why build a stadium that big.

The club will have a rough figure given that they have season ticket holder waiting list and membership, hospitality numbers etc.

You either go for it big and build a brand new modern stadium or if there just after 10,000 more seats then just redevelop goodison, it may not look nice but at the end of the day your there to watch a football game.

The money is in the hospitality people pay between 250-1000 per person for people just wanting to go to one big game per season, your not going to get that if there's still 10000 tickets on general sale for the game.

The club know there's a good chance there not going to fill 60,000 seats so why build a stadium that big.

The club will have a rough figure given that they have season ticket holder waiting list and membership, hospitality numbers etc.

You either go for it big and build a brand new modern stadium or if there just after 10,000 more seats then just redevelop goodison, it may not look nice but at the end of the day your there to watch a football game.

The money is in the hospitality people pay between 250-1000 per person for people just wanting to go to one big game per season, your not going to get that if there's still 10000 tickets on general sale for the game.
Could just lash up a big stand,havrey stop fuming lad

Why don't you like it?

I think it's unique, which puts it into ICONIC status. Like an earlier post I made, it's very difficult and expensive for a new ground to be "iconic".

Everything. It just looks bad.

It fits Indianapolis because it's a play on their historic fieldhouse basketball arena and the brickwork is used in other major buildings in the city. It would be like us building on BMD in the style of the dock buildings - which wouldn't be terrible, but also not amazing.

No need to copy something. That's not how you build an 'iconic' stadium.

Everything. It just looks bad.

It fits Indianapolis because it's a play on their historic fieldhouse basketball arena and the brickwork is used in other major buildings in the city. It would be like us building on BMD in the style of the dock buildings - which wouldn't be terrible, but also not amazing.

No need to copy something. That's not how you build an 'iconic' stadium.

Yeah but that's what it's got to be like isn't it ? I'm pretty sure at least part of the structure is going to look like part of the dock.

If we just plonk our version of, say, spurs new ground it's not going to be iconic.

Thats why I worry about the over use of that word at times.

How big would you like your stadium to be?

The Stadium timeline is plausible but a lot of my concerns is the lack of visual stadium plans with highlight the next stage of the stadium.

Having been to the People's Project roadshow/funbox/portacabin today, we won't be seeing anything soon and full application until this time next year.

Meis cannot please everyone and personally I have no agenda on the design of the stadium but I would like the capacity to be within 55k to 60k.

I understand we don't want to run before we can walk and we must learn from our previous failed attempts but I think a lot of fans believe that it is still a pipedream despite the positive media and noise from the club.

The Stadium timeline is plausible but a lot of my concerns is the lack of visual stadium plans with highlight the next stage of the stadium.

Having been to the People's Project roadshow/funbox/portacabin today, we won't be seeing anything soon and full application until this time next year.

Meis cannot please everyone and personally I have no agenda on the design of the stadium but I would like the capacity to be within 55k to 60k.

I understand we don't want to run before we can walk and we must learn from our previous failed attempts but I think a lot of fans believe that it is still a pipedream despite the positive media and noise from the club.
Like this

DsM4YFXWkAEut20

Went to Edge Lane today to fill out the survey, there was actually a queue of people outside waiting to go in so it is generating quite a lot of interest.

Regarding timeline, I took the below pic whilst I was there. There's another public consultation next summer with planning application being submitted late 2019.

Screenshot_20181117-184639_Gallery.jpg