New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cheers mate. I'm guessing it'll be the relatively standard allocation of 3k?

They have 3 away modes from what I gather for different capacities. Cup matches tend to get bigger away allocations but Premier League will probably be the standard 3k I imagine.

Bonus clip of a sound system test from last week, they hired a pro singer to sing a bit of Whitney lol.

If there is substance to the Der Spiegel story circulating today about the backroom plans for a 'Super League' starting 2021 to include our nearest and dearest, if that timing is accurate, there are clouds for the financial strategy for all other excluded sides. Since Arsenal are also involved, one would assume Mosh/Usmanov are privy to some of this. Thoughts as to impacts to BMD plans?

If there is substance to the Der Spiegel story circulating today about the backroom plans for a 'Super League' starting 2021 to include our nearest and dearest, if that timing is accurate, there are clouds for the financial strategy for all other excluded sides. Since Arsenal are also involved, one would assume Mosh/Usmanov are privy to some of this. Thoughts as to impacts to BMD plans?

I just don't see it happening. What kind of crowds would be generated for a mid table clash in mid winter? Some group games for the Champions League are badly attended as it is. It's the like of PSG, Bayern and Juve pushing for this as their leagues are so uncompetitive. I honestly don't think the English teams would be that interested. The other thing is that there are a group of clubs who would be obvious candidates but not enough of them. The numbers would need to be made up by flavours of the month. 20 years when there was last talk of this it was the likes of Newcastle and Bayern Leverkusen. Where are they now?

I just don't see it happening. What kind of crowds would be generated for a mid table clash in mid winter? Some group games for the Champions League are badly attended as it is. It's the like of PSG, Bayern and Juve pushing for this as their leagues are so uncompetitive. I honestly don't think the English teams would be that interested. The other thing is that there are a group of clubs who would be obvious candidates but not enough of them. The numbers would need to be made up by flavours of the month. 20 years when there was last talk of this it was the likes of Newcastle and Bayern Leverkusen. Where are they now?
They would be interested if the money made it worth it.
As with the breakaway Premier League
This is purely about greed and profit.

Un
They would be interested if the money made it worth it.
As with the breakaway Premier League
This is purely about greed and profit.

That's it though. The Premium League is already a huge gravy train. The idea of this European League is that the teams who join leave their own leagues. That's a huge leap for any English team and a huge risk if the new European League goes tits up after a couple of seasons which might happen.

Un

That's it though. The Premium League is already a huge gravy train. The idea of this European League is that the teams who join leave their own leagues. That's a huge leap for any English team and a huge risk if the new European League goes tits up after a couple of seasons which might happen.
Im not in favour of it btw.
However, which would provide the largest audience?
Brighton v Burnley....Huddersfield v C.Palace or
Man City v Real Madrid....Juventus v Arsenal ?

Im not in favour of it btw.
However, which would provide the largest audience?
Brighton v Burnley....Huddersfield v C.Palace or
Man City v Real Madrid....Juventus v Arsenal ?

That's not the point I was making. Very possibly Man City v Burnley with City closing in on the Premier League would get a better crowd (both at the Emirates and on telly) than Man City v Juve if both were also rans mid season in a European League.