New Everton Stadium Discussion

At least Joe is actually trying to do something for us. He’s on Twitter defending what seems s fairly simple arrangement from the kopite hordes and Evertonians are mocking him for it all the while the club remains deadly silent. Would serve us right if a load of kopite Lib Dem’s got in and we would be back on an exit off the M62 somewhere.

He’s likes the sound of his own voice, does Joe.

A lot of egomaniacs are involved in this project, but you find that in every walk of life.

TBF there are some buffs out there who really don’t understand how this will cost Liverpool city council nothing.

Nothing you can do is keep explaining it to those who are slow on the uptake.

The council are acting as a broker or facilitator to us loaning money at a competitive rate and the council add a bit more on top to make money out of it.

But some who have an agenda will always make out it’s the council’s money which it isn’t.

He’s likes the sound of his own voice, does Joe.

A lot of egomaniacs are involved in this project, but you find that in every walk of life.

He's another fool who needs to stay off Twitter.

Him and Meis undermine the belief many of us would like to have in this stadium scheme by their unprofessionalism. They're childlike the pair of them.

It's not though.

Regardless of that, and call me old fashioned, but I'd rather a man tasked with the job of creating Everton's home for the next hundred years wasn't trying desperately to be one of the County Road cutters and restricted himself to his drawing board.
You’re old fashioned.

Wait, was that rhetorical?

It's not though.

Regardless of that, and call me old fashioned, but I'd rather a man tasked with the job of creating Everton's home for the next hundred years wasn't trying desperately to be one of the County Road cutters and restricted himself to his drawing board.

Ok - that a henna tattoo is it? Sorry I thought it was the real deal that you have to remove via laser surgery. If it’s henna I agree - the commitment isn’t there and he’s a fraud...

He's another fool who needs to stay off Twitter.

Him and Meis undermine the belief many of us would like to have in this stadium scheme by their unprofessionalism. They're childlike the pair of them.

Not really unprofessional is it though. He's a politician addressing his constituents, not EFC fans.

The club could be doing a lot more themselves to fight, let alone win the ensuing PR war that is brewing over the horizon on this.

There are plenty of PR consultants and firms that could do the clubs bidding in the local media and beyond.

Even though Anderson deserves a lot of credit for pushing this forward, the whole dare I say the word, project, needs to stand on its own feet now and not be seen and portrayed by RS and rent-a-cause opponents as Everton fan mayor spending tax-payers money on a stadium when local services are being cut.

Not really unprofessional is it though. He's a politician addressing his constituents, not EFC fans.
There's ways of dispelling misconceptions that are more diplomatic than he's shown. Also, he should state it once and leave it at that, not get into a flame war with some arseholes on Twitter. The feller's got to understand that his constant outbursts against disbelievers weakens his own case.

....hence its not "permanent"
Very good in your permanent keyboard quest to always try to be right - would you do it though? I wouldn’t as I reckon that section of flesh would never quite be the same. No tattoo expert though so maybe you can correct me (again)

So he does this just for a bit of kudos with fans of a club that he can walk away from whether BMD is built or not. You don’t like the guy but that dislike clouds everything you write about him. Personally I think the fact that he even bothered to consult with fans is a positive, especially in Liverpool rather than the safety of NYC. He could have done all this without bothering - he’s an architect and just has to do the design. He is answerable to the Board but seems to respect what the fans think and have to say. I am not naive enough to think that it will hugely influence the final design but if he didn’t do this, there would be even more moaning.

There's ways of dispelling misconceptions that are more diplomatic than he's shown. Also, he should state it once and leave it at that, not get into a flame war with some arseholes on Twitter. The feller's got to understand that his constant outbursts against disbelievers weakens his own case.

Tbf Dave I think he knows Kopites and the Red echo will do all they can to turn those neutrals in the city to believe their lies and misinformation.

I know you like a reaction at times but Joe is one person you shouldn't be slating, If we had a kopite mayor this stadium move would never be on the cards.

The fella is doing his best for the club and I like many blues respect and appreciate what he is doing.

You know yourself from history our club are schit scared to open their gobs so if Joe doesnt stand up the kopites will have their lies spread and unchallenged.