New Everton Stadium Discussion

Has there been any indication at these work shop things when we'll see final design and planning application submitted?

Later in the year can't remember now what time he said. All of this is coming along but the stadium isn't set in stone hence the consultations and the finance from the club still not there yet.

To think we could have been City makes me sad. Had we of matched their success, we’d be about to claim our 12th title, could have had Liverpool in our sights for titles.
We will never, ever catch them for titles. Maybe in several generations times, but no living person now will ever see us come anywhere near close. Quite sad really.

Why several weeks ..
Why not during this workshop?

He did not specify whether these would be final images or just better ones of existing drafts. Joe Anderson said he had seen some CGI images , but again I don't know if these would be final ones or interim ones.

Yes and when the Holte End is full it's boss, much better than what we have now, would be happy with that. It's not a willy waving contest, IF this comes off we will be in a fantastic stadium but some will never be happy.

If the Holte End was steep like ours would be, it'd look brilliant.

Meis said "several weeks" before some CGI images. He expects planning permission later this year.

The original PP they worked towards was December 2017.

Maybe I got the dates mixed up but listen to Joe Anderson in the podcast last week, I'm sure he said full council sign off by June on the finance, and PP in by August? I'll have a listen again on the way to work.

So the Britannia Stadium has a better atmosphere than Borussia Dortmund's Westfalenstadion?

View attachment 45363

Yep so true.German football has to the most part much better atmospheres than the premiership. So does most of world football

Granted The odd premier league match and european night in the uk is exceptional but alot of matches these days are dead. Goodison is dead for 37 matches out of 38. It used to have a fantastic atmosphere but last 5 years in particular have been woeful.

View attachment 45359

It *is* dead. I've had a chance to go to Goodison about 10 times over the last 2 seasons and it's deathly quiet compared to the 70s and 80s when I went regularly. I really don't understand why it's changed. Maybe it's because it's all seater, I just don't know.