New Everton Stadium Discussion

My mates mate, the one who said about those events, reckons announcement by end of the month. As in Feb.

Not sure what exactly they will say mind, if they have this breakfast thing in the diary 2 weeks later.
Too many whispers have been building lately, all from different sources.

If it is by the end of this month, that would be fantastic. We need something to feel good about given how dreadful we’ve been.

When it comes to the new stadium nirvana, I'm the biggest pessimist.

I remember being in Goodison, and images of the Kings Dock project were flashed up on the screens, with the 99 million being 'ringed fenced'.

I now believe it is finally going to happen, I just wish it was quicker and we had the workies down at BM dock.

God knows we could do with some good news.

I remember being in Goodison, and images of the Kings Dock project were flashed up on the screens, with the 99 million being 'ringed fenced'.

I now believe it is finally going to happen, I just wish it was quicker and we had the workies down at BM dock.

If you join the dots from day one of Moshiri rocking up, to me, its an absolutely nailed on deal.

But then if you lob "Everton That" into the picture, well, I can 100% get what you mean.

Me? If the finance is sorted/underwritten, which it has to be if this breakfast thing is of substance, then its very ON

it was only £30m yet Kenwright couldn't even raise that much.

Everton keep positing snipits it an interview with Dan Meis. Doesn’t look like a club trying to ease its fans into knowing that the stadium move is dead. Just shows how much some on here love to spin negativity.
Dan Meis interviews and tweets; more workshops and consultation groups and questionnaires proposed.

I cant see a dial shifting in that.

May still happen, but nothing in the last 24 hours suggests a big step change.

Dan Meis interviews and tweets; more workshops and consultation groups and questionnaires proposed.

Out on a limb, granted, but I think this is sorted. PP, WHS, Finance. Done.

I'd say an unveiling by our CEO, along with the City's Mayor, at a business event is something that has changed in the past 24 hours.

When the World Heritage status was being debated last week, you said we were in the final stretch of the project collapsing. Nothing I have seen or heard from the club has suggested that this project is even close to collapsing.

I'd say an unveiling by our CEO, along with the City's Mayor, at a business event is something that has changed in the past 24 hours.

When the World Heritage status was being debated last week, you said we were in the final stretch of the project collapsing. Nothing I have seen or heard from the club has suggested that this project is even close to collapsing.

It certainly isnt to discuss feedback from workshops.

No mate. I didn't. I said it was endgame. Either the council check Anderson and his cabal and preserve Liverpool's WHS or they allow him to crack on with the proposals thereby having UNESCO strip the city of that status.

Out on a limb, granted, but I think this is sorted. PP, WHS, Finance. Done.
Hopefully it is...and hopefully the funding for that stadium isn't what many of us have feared: a crippling burden for the future.

My guess is that Anderson and Elstone and Meis will flannel an audience for a couple of hours and we'll see (MAYBE) some generic designs of the ballpark area the thinking on design is heading.

Funding wont be in place, UNESCO wont be squared off, PP miles off.

Everton keep positing snipits it an interview with Dan Meis. Doesn’t look like a club trying to ease its fans into knowing that the stadium move is dead. Just shows how much some on here love to spin negativity.

The usual suspects posting that negativity don't know anymore than you or I. They are just guessing and assuming the worst, whilst we are hoping for the best. I think we are nearly there but if it falls through now, then we are done I think. It won't - too many rich people going to get a whole lot richer off this and if Everton benefit from that, I am more than happy that they do. This whole process has been a closely guarded secret apart from a few images involving Walton Hall Park, Buro Happold and the CW games bid. Everton have kept prying eyes at bay effectively and maybe in the end we'll be glad they did.

It's been a rollercoaster and I have never spent so much time checking forums and twitter - the arrival of Moshiri and persistent rumours of a Russian oligarch in the background; USM getting our hopes up further; Croxteth as a plan B cheap option (oh God please no in comparison to a waterfront location); a world renowned architect spending what seems like an eternity on design whilst supping some pints in the Bramley Moore; the council guaranteeing EFC borrowing, then providing it; UNESCO interference (**** off); a Mayor caught up in a bit of dodgy dealings (it's ok he's an Evertonian and we need him for BMD); & now finally a fan consultation after 18months of speculation - all supplemented by some of the worst, most gutless performances that I have ever seen on the pitch in 46 years of support culminating in Sam Allardyce becoming the manager of Everton.

It is all 'Everton that' but maybe just maybe our luck & future prospects are about to change.