New Everton Stadium Discussion

The plan as I understand it is to place the track on the lower level of seats, so that after the championships it can be removed. The athletics track would be temporary. This is from the architect himself. He has said that the closeness of fans to the pitch is one of the things that makes Goodison unique and he does not want to loose that.

Nobody in their right mind whats what West Ham has, its a great athletics stadium but has NO atmosphere for football.

I know all of that. I'm not saying a temporary track over lower tiers cannot be done as it plainly can. What I am saying is that you cannot facilitate that and have a tight football stadium. There are no examples of this being done previously and no published designs of this being planned anywhere. Put simply it doesn't fit.

The CWG stated 40k athletics capacity means that 2/3 of the stadium seats will be outside the circumference of the track. As has been stated already this necessitates the need for the upper tiers/rows to be too far from the pitch to be considered 'tight'. How do you consider that to be close to the action given that track area is a constant?

The flip side to the argument is that having the games will push on the building of the stadium ensuring it can't drag on any further than 2022. Also it would probably give that area the amenities that would probably take 10 years to develop otherwise.

Also need the funds in place to build the stadium mate.

I know all of that. I'm not saying a temporary track over lower tiers cannot be done as it plainly can. What I am saying is that you cannot facilitate that and have a tight football stadium. There are no examples of this being done previously and no published designs of this being planned anywhere. Put simply it doesn't fit.

The CWG stated 40k athletics capacity means that 2/3 of the stadium seats will be outside the circumference of the track. As has been stated already this necessitates the need for the upper tiers/rows to be too far from the pitch to be considered 'tight'. How do you consider that to be close to the action given that track area is a constant?

From what I understand they are looking at quite a steep incline for the seats, imagine the amphitheater in Gladiator type thing. Even Honest Joe has aid that the athletics track must not affect the football part of the stadium.

Dan Meis dismissed the possibility of a retractable roof as it would add an additional 80m+ to the cost. I imagine retractable stands would cost a multiple of that.

How often would a retractable roof be used ? , certainly not often enough to justify a cost of 80m
I doubt that we could host large concerts during the playing season from August until May and in the summer with luck you should get better weather.
It would be wonderful to have a stadium with all the bells and whistles but commonsense and finances dictate otherwise.

From what I understand they are looking at quite a steep incline for the seats, imagine the amphitheater in Gladiator type thing. Even Honest Joe has aid that the athletics track must not affect the football part of the stadium.

So a steep incline actually makes things worse. The steeper the incline the higher the platform for the track.

Can't be bothered making this point anymore, it should be patently obvious. Just gonna leave this here.....

400m standard track
The 400m Standard Track has straight and curved sections of almost equal length and uniform bends which are most suitable to the running rhythm of athletes. Furthermore, the area inside the track is large enough to accommodate all throwing events and also a standard football (soccer) pitch (68m x 105m).
The Track comprises 2 semicircles, each with a radius of 36.50m, which are joined by two straights, each 84.39m in length.
All lanes have a width of 1.22m ± 0.01m with safety zones measuring no less than 1m on the inside and outside.

So a steep incline actually makes things worse. The steeper the incline the higher the platform for the track.

Can't be bothered making this point anymore, it should be patently obvious. Just gonna leave this here.....

400m standard track
The 400m Standard Track has straight and curved sections of almost equal length and uniform bends which are most suitable to the running rhythm of athletes. Furthermore, the area inside the track is large enough to accommodate all throwing events and also a standard football (soccer) pitch (68m x 105m).
The Track comprises 2 semicircles, each with a radius of 36.50m, which are joined by two straights, each 84.39m in length.
All lanes have a width of 1.22m ± 0.01m with safety zones measuring no less than 1m on the inside and outside.

No probs, we all just get the proper kit......

stock-photo-handsome-young-construction-supervisor-inspector-giving-orders-with-megaphone-and-binoculars-10447879.jpg

400m standard track
I think what we may well be heading for is something like the Ethiad. A stadium built with massive public funding for athletics that's subsequently transformed for football.
I suspect that this is what Mosh and the board have been secretly hoping and planning for as it's by far the most realistic scenario if Liverpool wins the games with a precedent set only a few years ago in Manchester.

I think what we may well be heading for is something like the Ethiad. A stadium built with massive public funding for athletics that's subsequently transformed for football.
I suspect that this is what Mosh and the board have been secretly hoping and planning for as it's by far the most realistic scenario if Liverpool wins the games with a precedent set only a few years ago in Manchester.

I agree. A c45k 3 sided stadium for a season then completed afterwards. It's the ony way I can see it panning out if they win it. That way they can say the design hasn't been compromised even if the timescale has.

It's an important point mate but you can't underestimate the value in Liverpook remaining a predominantly blue City. It is then leading Football City in the Uk and produces enormous talent, and Newcastle, Leeds or East London can't really compare to that.

It kills the Reds as deep down they know this. That they remain second in their own city. Their community efforts are terrible and ours are top draw.

The new stadium should build upon this. At the same time we need to grow our brand and welcome all from outside, but should start from the basis that we continued dominate out home City.

Liverpool isn't a predominantly blue city though. It just isn't. It's a nice line to trot out that all the Liverpool support is out of town people but the reality is they have way more fans outside of the city and still have more supporters inside the city than Everton do. I lived right in the centre for five years, you'd always see more red than blue shirts.

Liverpool isn't a predominantly blue city though. It just isn't. It's a nice line to trot out that all the Liverpool support is out of town people but the reality is they have way more fans outside of the city and still have more supporters inside the city than Everton do. I lived right in the centre for five years, you'd always see more red than blue shirts.

Have you been around the city centre lately? All you see is Everton shirts