New Everton Stadium Discussion

As chippy said, most fans don't even wear shirts of their team walking around. I don't.

There's no evidence that there's more Everton fans in the city. You're kidding yourself.
I'm not I live in the city and work in most places in the city and in my opinion the is more,and the most fans you are referring to who don't wear colours will be Everton fans,[Poor language removed] fans parade round in them day and night.

I'm not I live in the city and work in most places in the city and in my opinion the is more,and the most fans you are referring to who don't wear colours will be Everton fans,[Poor language removed] fans parade round in them day and night.
Hasn't got a clue mate.

That will almost certainly be due to simple availability and demand though. We've won nothing for 22 years so the reality is that most people outside of Liverpool don't care about travelling to watch us play. That and the fact that we do extremely generous deals for kids on tickets.

As for the locally based adult supporters, it depends on what you mean. Match goers ? Probably. People who just generally support one club or the other ? I'd say Liverpool still have a lot more within L postcodes.

Your reply doesn't really suggest you disagree with anything I posted. Not interested with the whys and wherefores. Put simply, we have more young match goers than them and as many local people attending Goodison as they have Anfield. Not interested in how many shirts you see, nor how many armchair fans they claim. Couldn't care less about Tweets either. This thread is about our new stadium and bums on seats. I'm confident we'll fill a 60,000 seater. Sod that lot and their gang of phonies.

Liverpool isn't a predominantly blue city though. It just isn't. It's a nice line to trot out that all the Liverpool support is out of town people but the reality is they have way more fans outside of the city and still have more supporters inside the city than Everton do. I lived right in the centre for five years, you'd always see more red than blue shirts.

I still think they have more fans (actively go/watch matches regularly, be it on TV) in the city but it's close, and theirs includes a higher proportion of people who emigrated to the city also. Another thing I've noticed- having worked at the ground in the past, and just in general, working with the public- is that 5-10 yrs ago plus, if you were Asian/Black/mixed race- it was unlikely you'd be an Everton fan. Young scousers, and now of more varied ethnicities are becoming blues- Less racist palaver compared to the other side, affordable tickets, young local players, and loving die-hard Grandads are winning over the future generation of fans & players.

Note: Even in theatre scrubs, or shirt for clinic- my lanyard gives my allegiances away and Reds/Blues can't help but talk footy (well, their fella's mostly)

Liverpool isn't a predominantly blue city though. It just isn't. It's a nice line to trot out that all the Liverpool support is out of town people but the reality is they have way more fans outside of the city and still have more supporters inside the city than Everton do. I lived right in the centre for five years, you'd always see more red than blue shirts.
There is a difference between a 'fan' and a 'supporter'.

I've got 7 cousins on my mum's side, and they would all say they support Liverpool if asked. I'm the only Everton supporter and I've been going the match my whole life. Collectively, they must've been to about three games, and I'm not exaggerating.

Probably the same in school, we were outnumbered, but the four Everton fans in the class would actually go to the game.

They're just the easy option to be a 'fan' of.

I don't class them as real football supporters, and never will.

As chippy said, most fans don't even wear shirts of their team walking around. I don't.

There's no evidence that there's more Everton fans in the city. You're kidding yourself.
This is strange. Every time that I have looked at your profile pic, I have always wanted to punch you. Now, what you say makes me feel it would be justified. (I know the pic is Rick Hoffmann, not you but you are talking wham at the moment.)

I've got 7 cousins on my mum's side, and they would all say they support Liverpool if asked. I'm the only Everton supporter and I've been going the match my whole life. Collectively, they must've been to about three games, and I'm not exaggerating.

Probably the same in school, we were outnumbered, but the four Everton fans in the class would actually go to the game.

Spot on, same for me when I was a kid. Probably about 4 of us in class supported Everton and 16-20 supported the rs. I went to more matches in one season than all of them put together in about 5 seasons.

I know loads who say they support Liverpool and then you say "how do you think you will get on tonight" and they say "why, are we playing tonight???". That's because they don't have a clue about football let alone that tit of a club whereas most football supporters who generally love football know what games are going on.

Proper funny gang of biffs really the majority of them are. I can tolerate my missus, mother in law and one of my mates who I all class as passionate but quite knowledgeable togger fans and anyone past that I very rarely engage in footy conversations with as they are so limited in their knowledge and deluded

its always a favourite question to ask of the mutants, "have you been to anfield?!, how many times is the answer "No, i can never get tickets". I take great delight in telling them I've been loads, to plenty of derbies too.

Spot on, same for me when I was a kid. Probably about 4 of us in class supported Everton and 16-20 supported the rs. I went to more matches in one season than all of them put together in about 5 seasons.

I know loads who say they support Liverpool and then you say "how do you think you will get on tonight" and they say "why, are we playing tonight???". That's because they don't have a clue about football let alone that tit of a club whereas most football supporters who generally love football know what games are going on.

Proper funny gang of biffs really the majority of them are. I can tolerate my missus, mother in law and one of my mates who I all class as passionate but quite knowledgeable togger fans and anyone past that I very rarely engage in footy conversations with as they are so limited in their knowledge and deluded
Which school did you go to? That certainly wasn't my experience...