New Everton Stadium Discussion

@Moomin will help you out here mate, where you've told all those porkies.

Quality meltdown though, I'll give you that.

The design for the BMD stadium is already done and will be released when EFC have the funding guaranteed and want to announce it. That's the hold up. It is not a bowl. There is no running track. Why do you think Anderson suddenly started throwing Manchester's name around as hosting some of the events in recent days? Because he now knows there is no chance of a permanent running track at BMD or even a temporary one. Glasgow hosted the 2014 games. Opening & closing ceremonies at Celtic Park (no running track) and athletics at Hampden Park in a different city, Edinburgh. That's what Anderson is referring to - the athletics being held in Manchester.

Really wish I could say more but I can't and I realise that makes me look like the usual dreaded self-styled ITK on here but it's gonna be a 58000 four sided stadium with one side being a massive one tier 15-20000 seater 'kop' stand (for want of a better word). There is not going to be a running track under any circumstances. That's not in Dan's design, that's not the wish of the club, the club realise what a total PR disaster it would be, and they've learned from the West Ham situation, as referenced by Dan himself on Twitter.

The Commonwealth Games bid really has no real influence at all on the design and building of this new stadium. I appreciate some people find that hard to believe due to Joe at times trying to marry up the two concepts together but that really is the case. The design for the BMD stadium will be out long before the outcome of the Commonwealth Games bid is known and they're not putting a running track in on the off chance that Liverpool gets awarded the games, nor is there any contingency plan to change the design and insert a track if the bid is successful.

Meis isn't the one talking about a running track mate. It's trolls on here who keep bringing it up because they find it amusing.

Tried to stay neutral since registering here, but c'mon, your source was obviously wrong on this. No temporary track and the athletics in Manchester?

The design for the BMD stadium is already done and will be released when EFC have the funding guaranteed and want to announce it. That's the hold up. It is not a bowl. There is no running track. Why do you think Anderson suddenly started throwing Manchester's name around as hosting some of the events in recent days? Because he now knows there is no chance of a permanent running track at BMD or even a temporary one. Glasgow hosted the 2014 games. Opening & closing ceremonies at Celtic Park (no running track) and athletics at Hampden Park in a different city, Edinburgh. That's what Anderson is referring to - the athletics being held in Manchester.

Really wish I could say more but I can't

Tried to stay neutral since registering here, but c'mon, your source was obviously wrong on this. No temporary track and the athletics in Manchester?

In fairness to him, I have also heard some similar things to what he has said but whatever he heard about the track was clearly wrong as he dismissed the idea that we would have a temporary one and that's been proven to be untrue now after all the CG stuff that came out recently. However, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people on here who should admit (they won't though) they were too quick to criticise the club when all is revealed because the Stadium is being built with the intention of being a steep intimate ground and the club wants to build an iconic Stadium that the fans are proud of.

It's a shame that whatever is built won't be good enough for some though as there is a section of our fanbase who would prefer to find the negative in every situation related to the club.

I personally can't wait for the plans to come out and for the reality that we will be moving to a world class iconic stadium on the waterfront. If the 'rake' of our 15,000+ home end isn't quite as steep as it would have been without a temporary running track I am sure I will be able to sleep at night. Especially when we could be playing Bayern Munich in the CL in front of close to 60,000 fans, which we would never do if we stayed at Goodison, in my opinion.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/tensions-rising-between-liverpool-mayor-13224506

...and that ^^^ is what I feared would happen after Anderson was snubbed by the LP for the Walton seat: he's picked up his ball and run home with it like a big soft kid.

Now he is intent on bringing down the Liverpool City Region or placing obstacles in its way to make it unworkable. That sort of inter-authority feuding could have major ramifications for a project like BMD so closely associated with Anderson.

Things just got potentially very complicated here. We need as smooth running, friction free local state as we can not the choppy waters stirred up by this washed up Mayor.

IMG_6034.PNG

Just seen this on Everton FC 1878 Facebook page, looks good to me. Don't get distracted by the logos, they are for the Facebook page. The page says that these were from a presentation at Goodison

View attachment 38137

Just seen this on Everton FC 1878 Facebook page, looks good to me. Don't get distracted by the logos, they are for the Facebook page. The page says that these were from a presentation at Goodison

Kirkby with a fancy roof. No one would be stupid enough to pass that off for Everton. Those stands that don't overhang each other are cheap, minty, small time rubbish that offer nothing. Worst around. Any architect that offers that would be fired on the spot.