New Everton Stadium Discussion

That joint bid was discussed ages ago. I can't believe the shock seeing from the very start Anderson said about using the manc velodrome and aquatic venues.

Before heads fall off there are still a few choices. So let's not panic quite yet.

We may just host the opening/closing ceremonies at BM and a temporary Athletics stadium built elsewhere. Maybe they will fill nelson and build side by side so it's still in the village so to speak?

If not we could be moving in after the games have taken place, and we will have retractable seating and moveable stands making a multi purpose venue. I've banged on about this in the past so not going to repeat here.

Or how about this idea, as it's already a hole in the ground it's possible we could build our stadium so only the top tier sits above. imagine the design has 3 tier sides with single and a double decker stands for goal ends that only go as high as the walls of the dock (for ease of thinking not to dissimilar to the lucas oil stadium etc.) So our part of the stadium would just be two single tier stands at the sides. (Remember city's went from the middle tier so we would have a better chance with 2 beneath to get a closer perimeter with the pitch) The athletics platform bridges across the top of the dock, and two temporary ends are built.

After the games the ends are removed along with the platform across the dock, the pitch can then be installed and the roof can be completed for 'our' ends. (which would just be windows looking out and the covering structure)

The point is there is many ways to do this and still have the stadium we want. It will share nothing with the Olympic Stadium and I guess the minimum brief would be to make it better in terms of proximity and steeper and therefore more intimidating than the Etihad. (*If it even happens)
Interestingly enough just prior to the BMD announcement there were strong rumours circulating about the Nelson dock being purchased. Perhaps it's possible that a second, smaller stadium could be built there with the ability to temporarily increase the capacity for major events, such as the commonwealth games. This stadium could be a joint venture with the council and could be used by us as the permanent base for Everton ladies, u23 , and other junior teams. It's a model that is used by other European clubs such as Barcalona.

Interestingly enough just prior to the BMD announcement there were strong rumours circulating about the Nelson dock being purchased. Perhaps it's possible that a second, smaller stadium could be built there with the ability to temporarily increase the capacity for major events, such as the commonwealth games. This stadium could be a joint venture with the council and could be used by us as the permanent base for Everton ladies, u23 , and other junior teams. It's a model that is used by other European clubs such as Barcalona.
Think Anderson hinted at that dock being used as an "athletics village", which is still all a mute point really as there is a strong chance we wont get the games

Meis is aware of what the club and the fans want, he has mentioned this several times in his tweets, but yet the usual suspects keep deciding to not trust or believe him, which is a little strange

Just trolls mate. It's their gimmick to pretend they're smarter than everyone else, and they try to belittle or make fun of people who threaten their self-appointed status of 'leaders of GOT'. They repeat the distrust and the tired unlikely outcomes to troll because they like fishing for replies. It amuses them. When people with genuine info post, they try to slap them down and discredit them, attempting to 'put them in their place'. There's about 4 or 5 of them, a little clique, they all stick together and try to bully people and gang up on them. It's actually amusing in a 'pity how sad they are' kind of way.

I'm hoping Everton's new stadium will be up and running, or damned close to it before the 2022 Comm' Games
start. That's over five years away FGS!

The design, at least, should be finalised before the host city/ cities are decided, surely? And why should we have
to plan for a design that we don't want and which may not be needed, anyway?

And if a Liverpool/Manchester bid is granted, wouldn't it make more sense and be a lot simpler to have the athletics track at the stadium that held the games last time it was in England - Man City's ground?

I've expressed opinions along these lines before here, and I almost certainly will again before it's finished.

giphy.gif
I reckon that's the way ahead and puts all this track nonsense to bed. Lets have the first games to be run on treadmills!!

Meis is aware of what the club and the fans want, he has mentioned this several times in his tweets, but yet the usual suspects keep deciding to not trust or believe him, which is a little strange
Erm, who is Meis that he should be trusted? I'd been blissfully unaware of this tweeting obsessive's existence until 6 months ago.

The Etihad and the Emirates are not what we should be looking to emulate. They are not intimidating. Their shape is awful. And home advantage is undermined with that distance behind the goals.

I believe you haven't read my post completely dear old chap. Or perhaps i didn't explain it well enough. In a nutshell the target is to be better than the Etihad, which up to last year i would have cut my arm off for our club to have. REMEMBER WE COULD HAVE HAD KIRKBY!!!

And if a Liverpool/Manchester bid is granted, wouldn't it make more sense and be a lot simpler to have the athletics track at the stadium that held the games last time it was in England - Man City's ground?

They would have to bulldoze an end for that to happen and have a platform that covers the entire bottom tier. Seems harsh to me.

Screenshot_20170228-234851.jpg

Just trolls mate. It's their gimmick to pretend they're smarter than everyone else, and they try to belittle or make fun of people who threaten their self-appointed status of 'leaders of GOT'. They repeat the distrust and the tired unlikely outcomes to troll because they like fishing for replies. It amuses them. When people with genuine info post, they try to slap them down and discredit them, attempting to 'put them in their place'. There's about 4 or 5 of them, a little clique, they all stick together and try to bully people and gang up on them. It's actually amusing in a 'pity how sad they are' kind of way.
Bloody troll clique.

Keep telling us what you know mate.

I agree with a lot of this but they won't keep another stadium in that area due to how much space it takes up and the loss of income that they will generate selling it for other purposes. It's taken ages to buy a plot for our stadium nevermind something like an U23 one. A temporary athletics stadium is still unlikely but it is not unthinkable.

I believe you haven't read my post completely dear old chap. Or perhaps i didn't explain it well enough. In a nutshell the target is to be better than the Etihad, which up to last year i would have cut my arm off for our club to have. REMEMBER WE COULD HAVE HAD KIRKBY!!!

They would have to bulldoze an end for that to happen and have a platform that covers the entire bottom tier. Seems harsh to me.

View attachment 36287

Horrible shallow stands behind the goal. The stands need to be raking.

Horrible shallow stands behind the goal. The stands need to be raking.

Totally agree. That's why I said up until last year i would have been happy with it, as we didn't have a pot to piss in. Now we are in a position to do things our way.

Let's just see what happens, if it looks bad i'm sure the uproar will get it canned immediately. I'm hoping there are enough intelligent people to work that out before they say it can be done well at BM or not.

View attachment 36287
Which just emphasises the impracticability of having an athletics track for a one-off event over five years away.

Think through the likely sequence of events and time span that will end with Everton playing there.