New Everton Stadium Discussion

Exclusive: Liverpool claim no fears over track at new Everton stadium for 2022 Commonwealth Games

Liverpool claim they can install and remove a temporary athletics track for the 2022 Commonwealth Games at Everton Football Club's proposed new stadium in less than three-and-a-half months, even though it took Hampden Park more than a year when they did the same thing for Glasgow 2014.

The city unveiled its plans to host the Games in five years’ time last Friday (June 16) with the riverside regeneration of the city’s Bramley-Moore Dock, the planned new home of Everton, central to the bid.

It is claimed the accommodation of the temporary 400 metres athletics track will be achieved without any disruption to the "intimacy, fan proximity and atmosphere" of the stadium with the track due to be installed after the final home game of the 2021-2022 season and removed before the first scheduled match of the 2022-2023 campaign.

When Glasgow 2014 transformed Scotland's national football stadium Hampden Park into an athletics venue, it was closed in November 2013 and the track was not ready until the following May.

It then took until December 2014, four months after the completion of the Games, to rip up the track and restore the stadium to its previous condition.

Hampden Park's solution was hailed as revolutionary and involved installing a temporary deck made up of 1,000 base panels supported by more than 6,000 structural steel stilts.

The finished works also saw approximately eight rows of seats removed to accommodate the wider field of play and a capacity of 40,000.

The whole operation cost £27 million ($34 million/€31 million).

It also took a year to convert the City of Manchester Stadium, now known as the Etihad Stadium, into the home of Manchester City FC after the 2002 Commonwealth Games.

The timescale proposed by Liverpool 2022 could be even tighter because it is widely expected that the 2022-2023 football season in England will start earlier than normal.

It could begin as early as July due to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar due to be held mid-campaign from November 21 to December 18.

Liverpool 2022 have told insidethegames they are not concerned, however.

"It is the city’s and the club’s intention that the new Everton Football Stadium on Bramley Dock will be ready for the start of the 2021-22 season and the athletics track will be installed at the end of that season for Games time," said a spokesman.

"Our design team are confident the 'drop in' of the track and the de-rig will have no impact on the club."

Concerns over how the stadium could be adapted for athletics without significantly affecting the design has been one of the main concerns of Everton fans.

More @ http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...w-everton-stadium-for-2022-commonwealth-games

I'm telling you they know what's best in terms of what a stadium should look like and include and exclude.

There are many supporters, in fact, who actually do have skills in the field of engineering and architecture and have either designed or commissioned the designs of possible Everon stadiums in the past during the long running stadium saga. Trevor Skempton is a fan/architect of the club who designed the St James Park renovation, Tom Hughes is another fan and man with great skills in design who has provided designs for the redevelopment of Goodison Park, and the Goodison For Everton campaign 20 years ago commissioned at cost the designers of the current Twickenham, Ward-McHugh, to come up with a plan of a new GP. All of these examples are online and should be known to anyone with a modicum of intelligence concerning this club's fans attempts to be proactive and break the deadlock on the stadium issue.

Instead, you insult these people and all your fellow fans with snide comments about how football supporters are too 'kin dumb to do anything for themselves.

DAAAAAAMN BOOOOOOEY! You handed his ass handed to him. @everton2004, you got served!!! :whip::D

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

So you're seriously telling me that football fans can design a football stadium? Really?

Wow.

Clearly there are football fans who can design stadiums. I think the issue here though is the seeming suggestion that the design should go out for critique to all the fans early, or should be designed off a surveymonkey questionnaire. It's a daft suggestion, and one which has been met with the level of derision I feel it deserves.

Dave has mentioned the designs of Trevor Skempton et al, at what point did they go out to the fanbase to canvass ideas? We have a wide ranging and diverse fan base, one which if asked for ideas on a stadium build would come up with some incredibly fanciful ideas, along with some that would be quite good, one thing we can be sure of though is that there would be absolutely loads of them. The designs for a redeveloped Goodison are something that some liked the look of, but many others didn't, much in the same way that ANY design that is officially released for the BMD stadium will go.

Clearly there are football fans who can design stadiums. I think the issue here though is the seeming suggestion that the design should go out for critique to all the fans early, or should be designed off a surveymonkey questionnaire. It's a daft suggestion, and one which has been met with the level of derision I feel it deserves.

Dave has mentioned the designs of Trevor Skempton et al, at what point did they go out to the fanbase to canvass ideas? We have a wide ranging and diverse fan base, one which if asked for ideas on a stadium build would come up with some incredibly fanciful ideas, along with some that would be quite good, one thing we can be sure of though is that there would be absolutely loads of them. The designs for a redeveloped Goodison are something that some liked the look of, but many others didn't, much in the same way that ANY design that is officially released for the BMD stadium will go.

Isn't he just saying you can't design a stadium by committee? You can have a few people's input of course but you can't please everyone and if you tried it would lose a coherent overall feel.

There are quite a few here who fear a bad outcome of this venture because of 'Everton, that' stuff. I don't believe in it, but those who do should bear in mind that Mr Moshiri is running the show now, and he will get it right.

The idea of getting Input from the great unwashed hordes....

The last time the club did that they voted to move to Kirkby. So yeah, that's ace.

The fact is, that whilst we may have some incredibly talented people amongst our fanbase, the general public at large are a bit thick.

No offence like, but it's reality. That's why so much TV now available is absolute garbage, it doesn't need to try too hard to stimulate.

Skempton and Tom Hughes have always relied on feedback for what they do and have consulted with fans through forums and conferences and that underpinned their ideas of what was appropriate and inappropriate. I've met the former and he is a scholar a gent and a massively talented feller. WTF we have to go to some divvy in L.A. to get this design for I dont know.

Skempton and Tom Hughes have always relied on feedback for what they do and have consulted with fans through forums and conferences and that underpinned their ideas of what was appropriate and inappropriate. I've met the former and he is a scholar a gent and a massively talented feller. WTF we have to go to some divvy in L.A. to get this design for I dont know.

Bang out of order, he has already said he is listening to fans and we haven't seen what the design is yet. Couldn't you keep your powder dry until that happens?

However I know you are so against him now anything he does you won't like. I hope he leaks the pictures through other channels first as fan based concepts so we can see your true reaction instead of what we know we will see if you know it's his.