New Everton Stadium Discussion

I dont pretend to know everything mate. I do know a danger when i see it. That's all I'm saying: scrutinise every word and sentence of this scheme because it could make or break us.
I think mate you are seeing danger in the wrong place... I dont see any other way as it stands to move us forward... this scheme will set us up for the future. It will help the club generate more income, and it if makes profit from it then so be it, it will mean hes got us to a much better place.

Well we part company on that last point. I dont think its a risk worth taking because it's not a small risk its a massive risk. It's a risk that can end a club.

I'd rather bumble along mid-table and see what else turns up than commit to someone's clever plan...clever as far as I can see precisely because it involves zero personal risk and maximum financial rewards for that person.

It isnt going to be a massive risk Dave. Honestly.

The sort of folks being talked to about funding the place simply dont do anything other than super cautious risk, even if they feel risky one day.

And the major part of their risk management is;

#1. Can tenant/borrower pay us?

#2. For how long?

#3. Are they likely to move out after 18 months to a new place?

I worked in this, with a major player, who I know have been in talks. And they dont even come to a meeting if those 3 questions are in anything but extremely unlikely doubt.

I'm beginning to think I've missed out by blocking DaveK his rank buffoonery is becoming comedy gold and the deserved insults going his way such as above are even better.
I can honestly say I am not trying to insult @davek and If I am then i apologise to him... genuinely just dont think hes right thats all

I'm beginning to think I've missed out by blocking DaveK his rank buffoonery is becoming comedy gold and the deserved insults going his way such as above are even better.
Try contributing even a tenth of what Dave has over the years and maybe your opinion on him would be worth something. As it currently stands...
yeh.....you haven't been here long enough to have an opinion on one of the clique

That's why I just block

It isnt going to be a massive risk Dave. Honestly.

The sort of folks being talked to about funding the place simply dont do anything other than super cautious risk, even if they feel risky one day.

And the major part of their risk management is;

#1. Can tenant/borrower pay us?

#2. For how long?

#3. Are they likely to move out after 18 months to a new place?

I worked in this, with a major player, who I know have been in talks. And they dont even come to a meeting if those 3 questions are in anything but extremely unlikely doubt.
That's all ceteris paribus mate.

Things do change over decades...A LOT. Rewind forty years in this industry and see how much from that point matters changed off the pitch. It went from bankrupt to bank and can easily go back.

I'm amazed at the general level of relaxation over this package. I know we've been saying for years that the bubble wont last forever and it seems to just defy that, but someday soon the industry will go into reverse. It's a law when you deal in a consumer service like this. It's nice that you've been told the people behind this scheme dont do risk, but no one is master of that universe. They cant control a thing if the arse falls out of demand for this game.