New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's not uncommon to have a sunken lower tier that you can then plonk the main concourse at ground level. This gives more space and reduces the cost of the build as you only need the posh exterior on half or 2/3rds that is above ground.

If we have a 60k stadium it would still be the size of Goodison at ground level. (actually probably taller as the stands will have more rake)
If thats the case , hope your'e right.

If half was below ground it would look half a stadium above ground.
I want to see Grandeur , an Iconic stadium that can be seen all along the mersey not something in the shadows of the skyscrapers around it.
Just look around our present ground ie Park end /Gwladys st...if it was part below surface it really would look miniscule and thats even in an area of terraced houses.
Part under the dock ?...not for me mate.
Roma's proposed new stadium is a capacity of 52,500.

If you could have this from gound up (not saying this is my preferred design, just an example).

upload_2017-5-1_17-19-30.png

and an extra 20,000 seats below level, that would be pretty impressive and quite a shock when you get in there.

I'm not saying they should or will, but wouldn't be surprised if they used it to their advantage

Roma's proposed new stadium is a capacity of 52,500.

If you could have this from gound up (not saying this is my preferred design, just an example).

View attachment 36523

and an extra 20,000 seats below level, that would be pretty impressive and quite a shock when you get in there.

I'm not saying they should or will, but wouldn't be surprised if they used it to their advantage
Oh yeah...think it looks class.

72500k seater , sounds good to me.

our support base is not as affluent as those London clubs. Obviously we need a serious upgrade on Goodison but I think we can stop well short of the cheese room. I thought I read that the RS were having difficulty selling the corporate allocation in their new main stand

Friend of mine has hospitality tickets for Anfield and says it's crap compared to what it used to be. Rather than individual suites it's just one big room.

Or Herzog & de Meuron along many other. Populous often get touted because of their work in English speaking countries.

I reckon we should be using Herzog & De Meuron. Their stadiums are all iconic. Meis stadiums I forgot about as soon as I've turned the page.

Anyway...I'll give him a chance but I'm not expecting much.

I reckon we should be using Herzog & De Meuron. Their stadiums are all iconic. Meis stadiums I forgot about as soon as I've turned the page.

Anyway...I'll give him a chance but I'm not expecting much.
Agree...apart from that horrific design they've come up with for Chelsea, which looks like a wacky modernist 1970s library.

Agree...apart from that horrific design they've come up with for Chelsea, which looks like a wacky modernist 1970s library.

I love the Chelsea design...possible my favourite stadium design!

Totally unique in many ways...particularly like how it's not a uniform shape, looks very modern/contemporary, yet incorporates stone bricks.

Though I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Although stadiums like the Emirates and Wembley are nice and that...I find them boring.

I love the Chelsea design...possible my favourite stadium design!

Totally unique in many ways...particularly like how it's not a uniform shape, looks very modern/contemporary, yet incorporates stone bricks.

Though I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Although stadiums like the Emirates and Wembley are nice and that...I find them boring.
Chelsea's new stadium does seem to be very Marmite.

I think it looks dreadful. Hate us to have a design like that.