New Everton Stadium Discussion

Exactly....if was part below land level it would look pyar tosh in a world of skyscrapers.
Use the underneath as a car park instead.
Just because you go below see level doesn't mean you can't still build up. Can give an architect more creative license to make something more spectacular and a stadium that blends in with the skyline and the skyscrapers, rather than look like that big stand that sticks out like a sore thumb and just looks ridiculous.

Not getting at your opinion here but which infrastructure/ facilities do you fear we will skimp on?

Sorry mate, I didn't really explain well enough.

Essentially, looking at the new Roma stadium for example, you can see straight from the outside into the ground/roof area. (taking away the fancy light graphics)

asr_1.jpg

Where those gaps our in the stadium are were other modern stadia has corporate facilities or even a better concourse for fans when getting a drink at half time etc. This stadium is approximately $100m more than the cost of ours is set to be.

The same is seen on his other designs (some which weren't even built).

Are we looking to build a budget stadium?

Or Herzog & de Meuron along many other. Populous often get touted because of their work in English speaking countries.

I prefer their designs as they look the real solid buildings. Meis seems to design stadiums with a mostly glass facade looking quite hollow.

When is this design being released?

They said they were going to be updating the fans regularly and now we've heard nothing in over a month.

Essentially, looking at the new Roma stadium for example, you can see straight from the outside into the ground/roof area. (taking away the fancy light graphics)

asr_1.jpg

Where those gaps our in the stadium are were other modern stadia has corporate facilities or even a better concourse for fans when getting a drink at half time etc. This stadium is approximately $100m more than the cost of ours is set to be.

Personally I like his designs and think they are innovative, I also admire the way he seems to get to know the fans perspective. Ultimately he will build to the brief Everton require of him.
It's worth noting also that Populous have been criticised for building stadiums that are too heavily weighted towards the corporate side at the expense of 'ordinary ' fans. Obviously we will have to wait for the design before we can really criticise or approve.
One final note on the cost , you would expect to get more for your money on the banks of the Mersey ,than in Rome , Italy's capital city.

asr_1.jpg

We are on a budget. This is not going to be one of those lavish state funded NFL stadiums costing north of 1bn. An Evertonised version of that Roma stadium on the docks would be a pretty good end result in my books. I don't think we need corporate facilities to the level that Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal do. The focus needs to be on building a stadium that helps us maintain a home field advantage and based on the tweets from Meis he gets it.

I would be surprised if it is an open design given the location and exposure to the elements

We are on a budget. This is not going to be one of those lavish state funded NFL stadiums costing north of 1bn. An Evertonised version of that Roma stadium on the docks would be a pretty good end result in my books. I don't think we need corporate facilities to the level that Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal do. The focus needs to be on building a stadium that helps us maintain a home field advantage and based on the tweets from Meis he gets it.

I would be surprised if it is an open design given the location and exposure to the elements

Personally, I'd quite like the corporate finance those clubs will receive.

asr_1.jpg

Do you know if those costs include land? I can imagine land in Rome costs a fair bit more then the North Liverpool Dockland area? Or is that just material and labour costs?

Just because you go below see level doesn't mean you can't still build up. Can give an architect more creative license to make something more spectacular and a stadium that blends in with the skyline and the skyscrapers, rather than look like that big stand that sticks out like a sore thumb and just looks ridiculous.
If half was below ground it would look half a stadium above ground.
I want to see Grandeur , an Iconic stadium that can be seen all along the mersey not something in the shadows of the skyscrapers around it.
Just look around our present ground ie Park end /Gwladys st...if it was part below surface it really would look miniscule and thats even in an area of terraced houses.
Part under the dock ?...not for me mate.

asr_1.jpg

Hi mate. Could you put a link to where you found the stadium budget? Because i was under the impression that it hasnt been published.

Thanks in advance

Personally, I'd quite like the corporate finance those clubs will receive.

our support base is not as affluent as those London clubs. Obviously we need a serious upgrade on Goodison but I think we can stop well short of the cheese room. I thought I read that the RS were having difficulty selling the corporate allocation in their new main stand

If half was below ground it would look half a stadium above ground.
I want to see Grandeur , an Iconic stadium that can be seen all along the mersey not something in the shadows of the skyscrapers around it.
Just look around our present ground ie Park end /Gwladys st...if it was part below surface it really would look miniscule and thats even in an area of terraced houses.
Part under the dock ?...not for me mate.

It's not uncommon to have a sunken lower tier that you can then plonk the main concourse at ground level. This gives more space and reduces the cost of the build as you only need the posh exterior on half or 2/3rds that is above ground.

If we have a 60k stadium it would still be the size of Goodison at ground level. (actually probably taller as the stands will have more rake)

Hi mate. Could you put a link to where you found the stadium budget? Because i was under the impression that it hasnt been published.

Thanks in advance

Google it, £300m has been touted a few times for us now.

If you're talking about Romas, it's on Meiss website.