New Everton Stadium Discussion

Correct, well maintained and managed treatment plants are virtually odourless. There used to be a problem with what I think was a molasses processing unit down that way

Yeah, not sure if thats still there actually.

There is a place that deals with oil for the likes of crisps etc, Cargills I think its called, that causes a lot of the smell.

Sorry to go back over the point again it's only because im a bit slow in the uptake.

The land Everton paid 30m for, is the land owned by Everton or is that a lease cost and we pay rent to peel?
Here is a great quick summary. We will be in essence getting the land initially on a 200 year lease from Peel.

Briefly this is how the deal works, with explanations below:

• Peel are offering a 200 year lease on Bramley Moore to the “funder”
  • Everton Football Club are responsible for finding the funder
  • The funder will offer a 40 year lease to a Special Purpose Vehicle created by the City Council
  • The funder is responsible for all the development costs of the stadium
  • The funder offers Everton Football Club a 40 year (less one day) sub lease. At the end of this lease Everton can buy out the remaining 160 years of the lease should we wish to do so
  • Everton pay rent to the SVP. This rent covers two elements, the financing costs and a premium paid to the SVP which covers the cost of providing a guarantee from Liverpool City Council. The financing costs are passed onto the funder and the City Council benefit from the guarantee fees.

The architecture of the deal is in place. There for all to see. No liability for Moshiri.

IMO he or hsi boss will stand to gain from it in three ways:

1/ if they are the/one of the funders into this SPV they will receive interest with the principal safe as houses

2 if Usmanov is involved they can make on infrastructure costs via their steel company (which has been used in stadia development)

3/ the sale of a club with a state of the art, dockside stadium in a world heritage site will make them a massive return on shares bought.

All about your outlook really, all 3 of those points, if correct, are extremely beneficial for us as well;

1/ Which will in turn allow us to loan money at a previously unobtainably low interest rate, via the slick financial model set up, saving us a fortune in standard market interest rates.

2/ and allowing us access to USM steel and infrastructure at 'mates rates' costs.

3/ leaving behind a club worth vastly more than than when he invested, increased revenue streams, and with a brand new stadium on the waterfront, to secure the club's home for future generations.

Almost like the definition of a win/win.

No doubt there is. The local state and local notable landowners are coming into contact with a football club. We better make sure that club isn't shackled to a financial nightmare package it'll never recover from.
"Financial nightmare package" *snickers*, yes, thats usually the way most people describe 2% interest loans. But then again, its not your fault you dont actually understand this, and it scares you, as its unlikely anyone has ever been willing to loan you money.:)

Here is a great quick summary. We will be in essence getting the land initially on a 200 year lease from Peel.

Briefly this is how the deal works, with explanations below:

• Peel are offering a 200 year lease on Bramley Moore to the “funder”
  • Everton Football Club are responsible for finding the funder
  • The funder will offer a 40 year lease to a Special Purpose Vehicle created by the City Council
  • The funder is responsible for all the development costs of the stadium
  • The funder offers Everton Football Club a 40 year (less one day) sub lease. At the end of this lease Everton can buy out the remaining 160 years of the lease should we wish to do so
  • Everton pay rent to the SVP. This rent covers two elements, the financing costs and a premium paid to the SVP which covers the cost of providing a guarantee from Liverpool City Council. The financing costs are passed onto the funder and the City Council benefit from the guarantee fees.

Cheers for that mate,

just another quick question, Peel lease the land for 200 years, i'm guessing peel wont be around for 200 years, so if peel devolve what happens to the lease ?

I'm also hoping that the everton and the funder will have a prearranged agreement on the remaining 160 year lease as they could technically hold us to ransom over it and we could be looking for a new home in 40 years time

Rumour has it that our former poster The Esk is in the throes of some further financial analysis that could see the value of the club and the new stadium reach heights previously unthinkable...

Should be an interesting read whenever and wherever he publishes it.

so pretty much

Usmanov: Farhad, you know we're great mates, nothing's happening at arsenal here, so it's pointless us both being here, so how about you own Everton for about 3 years, build a new stadium, raise the profile of the club etc. and in 3 years time if the standings are still the same here at arsenal, i'll buy out your shares at Everton for about £300m more than what you paid and you'll make a healthy profit after just a couple of years work.

;)

Cheers for that mate,

just another quick question, Peel lease the land for 200 years, i'm guessing peel wont be around for 200 years, so if peel devolve what happens to the lease ?

I'm also hoping that the everton and the funder will have a prearranged agreement on the remaining 160 year lease as they could technically hold us to ransom over it and we could be looking for a new home in 40 years time
Yes, after 40 years we will have the option to buy out the remaining 160 years for some ridiculous fee, like £1.
As for what happens to the land in 200 years should Peel dissolve? No idea. I'm sure we would have a contingency in plan?
You think we will still be there in 200 years?

Yes, after 40 years we will have the option to buy out the remaining 160 years for some ridiculous fee, like £1.
As for what happens to the land in 200 years should Peel dissolve? No idea. I'm sure we would have a contingency in plan?
You think we will still be there in 200 years?

you worried about global warming lol. Just wondering that's all. But yea it's a lot of shoulda coulda woulda

@kithnou the way I see it isPeel will retain the freehold. The freehold will always be owned by some entity with a fixed ground rent negotiable every x years (possibly every 40 years, or an annual amount with rises linked to inflation). If the freehold is sold, the lease must still be honoured. No problems at all I think.