New Everton Stadium Discussion

Dave, you've sold me. l want Moshiri out and to go back to the old days of punching above our weight, being the subservient little cousin to the RS across the park and just knowing our place in life. Things were so much easier...aah, but then, of course, you would have been slating the incumbent regime about lack of investment and future strategy. Do you intend leaving this forum and trolling RAWK anytime soon because things are happening and you are 'either for us or agin us'. Please make up your mind or move on. As another poster said few of us on this board will be around in 10, 20 or 40 years time so learn to live for today and just enjoy the ride. FFS this is an historic time in our prestigious history and as the saying goes there are no pockets in shrouds. The finance vehicles are in place so just let the people who are doing the driving get on and do their job. It's like you want to be proven right about your doomsday analysis just so you can say 'well, l told you so'. Tell you what, when it's time for you to whittle off the mortal coil (no time soon l hope) then you can have that on your tombstone. That one's free btw:p

It'd be his fault because he'd have locked Everton in to paying debt off across two generations, in which time the fortunes of the football industry will have inevitably fluctuated. Spurs' pay off period is a more manageable decade with a naming rights deal and share expansion doing the heavy lifting.

It's peanuts mate. Over 40 years with whatever inflation that comes along the yearly payment will be loose change. If we'd done a similar deal on the KD we'd all be smiling now........

What do you mean what are they planning to do with it?

What do you expect them to do? Attach a 100 foot tall ambi-pur to the side of the stadium? Yankee Candle stadium sponsorship deal?

Joking aside you kind of get used to it. People always assume its the WWTW that causes the smell too but generally that's not the case. It's the stuff further down the road that's the problem.

I'm fairly sure they can do something with the air inside the ground. The smell will disappear anyway once the fragrance of horse crap and minty burger vans fills the air like at Goodison anyway.
Correct, well maintained and managed treatment plants are virtually odourless. There used to be a problem with what I think was a molasses processing unit down that way

What do you mean what are they planning to do with it?

What do you expect them to do? Attach a 100 foot tall ambi-pur to the side of the stadium? Yankee Candle stadium sponsorship deal?

Joking aside you kind of get used to it. People always assume its the WWTW that causes the smell too but generally that's not the case. It's the stuff further down the road that's the problem.

I'm fairly sure they can do something with the air inside the ground. The smell will disappear anyway once the fragrance of horse crap and minty burger vans fills the air like at Goodison anyway.
Not to mention the sweet smell of victory in a shiny new state-of-the-art home stadium.

It's peanuts mate. Over 40 years with whatever inflation that comes along the yearly payment will be loose change. If we'd done a similar deal on the KD we'd all be smiling now........
Exactly, which makes the years of him berating Kenwright for the risk averse decision to reject the reverse mortgage funding model incredibly hypocritical given his stance here.

Borrowing that amount of cash at blue chip rates via the SPV as opposed to the much higher rates the market would have offered EFC as an entity is genius

Sorry to go back over the point again it's only because im a bit slow in the uptake.

The land Everton paid 30m for, is the land owned by Everton or is that a lease cost and we pay rent to peel?

The architecture of the deal is in place. There for all to see. No liability for Moshiri.

IMO he or hsi boss will stand to gain from it in three ways:

1/ if they are the/one of the funders into this SPV they will receive interest with the principal safe as houses

2 if Usmanov is involved they can make on infrastructure costs via their steel company (which has been used in stadia development)

3/ the sale of a club with a state of the art, dockside stadium in a world heritage site will make them a massive return on shares bought.

I'm comfortable with all of the above. In fact, I'm not even slightly bothered. As custodian of the club, I'll be measuring Moshiri (and anyone else he brings on board) on the success of the club and the team during his tenure. A new stadium on the banks of the Mersey and a few pots in the trophy cabinet, and we'll all be happy. If he makes a few quid along the way, big deal. What's the alternative, another 20 years of stagnation with a stadium that is crumbling before our eyes

The way I look at it, Everton football club have bought the land and have taken a loan to build a stadium.
This has been done by the board members/main shareholders and the council.
The loan is the clubs.
Therefore if mr moshiri pops his clogs and his 'inheritors' don't want to be involved in EFC, they won't be chasing the club to pay his estate back immediately for the money for the ground as it's the club and not him who have contract. All they would do is sell the shares. The club would still be the owner of the ground/loan
He can spend his cash on players and lawn mowers.

Moshiri has been ahead of us on this stadium build for a long while. The current deal in place, none of us saw. This would only be set up knowing you have options on a backer for the £300m which I'm guessing he had before we even knew he was coming to Everton.
None of us knew about his Liver Building deal & i bet there are more to come too. I bet he has his fingers in other of the Liverpool Waters projects too that are not related in the slightest to our club.
He is also probably smarter & canier than all the people he deals with & is basically a financial ninja !!!

Moshiri has been ahead of us on this stadium build for a long while. The current deal in place, none of us saw. This would only be set up knowing you have options on a backer for the £300m which I'm guessing he had before we even knew he was coming to Everton.
None of us knew about his Liver Building deal & i bet there are more to come too. I bet he has his fingers in other of the Liverpool Waters projects too that are not related in the slightest to our club.
He is also probably smarter & canier than all the people he deals with & is basically a financial ninja !!!
He has also got some very, very rich, much much richer than he, financial ninja friends.