New Everton Stadium Discussion

Usmanov will have nothing to do with this, Banks and pension providers will be queuing up to give us the money as they get a great return.
Not if the 1.45% deal is true.

However, I can't imagine that Moshiri hasn't all of the financial packages already in place. There's no way they'd announce this structure that's so advantageous to Everton in the hopes that someone comes on board. We're only being told what we need to know.

https://www.theguardian.com/discussion/p/66eem?page=2#comment-9542826

Chloe Williams
24 Mar 2017 00:04

What are the FA or football league rules on anti-competitive behaviour? This relocation will see the football club move from over 6 miles away from the home of Tranmere Rovers to under 5 miles. Why don't they go the whole hog and move across the river to Birkenhead and completely kill the future of our modest but proud and historic club? Just how close is one club allowed to move towards another established club? 3 miles? 1 mile? 100 yards?

I know that historically clubs may have been sited closer and in Dundee they are practically adjacent but this is a large club moving closer to the fan base of a smaller club. Is that what the future holds? Transient tenancies as the larger clubs move around the country looking to expand their own fanbases at the expense of who cares what? Leyton Orient fell foul of West Ham's move to the London Olympic stadium. Who will be next and where will it (literally) end?

It's not enough that Everton took Dixie Dean from Tranmere in his prime for what was a relative pittance in order to better themselves but now they want to place their stadium on the bank of the River Mersey as the biggest advertising hoarding ever erected opposite the peninsula to entice people from the Wirral to cross over and support them. I hope it fails the planning stage. The crowd noise drifting across the river will be disturbing to those enjoying leisure time (promenade walks) or residing there.

Hmm, I'm not sure her detective work checks out to be honest

Especially with the following reply

alrightkidder
24 Mar 2017 00:11

2 3
According to google maps - via the old tunnel its 6.1 to goodison and 6.0 to bramley moore dock from prenton park.

Below something that was posted on another site that, to my simple mind seems to make sense:

Fans need to be smart and express support to Council and Joe for the whole regeneration of a deprived area. Because aside from our own footy mania, this is a really important scheme for the city.

You can bet Reds will try and challenge any Council involvement without any regard for fellow scousers.

https://liverpool.gov.uk/contact-us/complaints-and-feedback/comments-and-compliments/

Not if the 1.45% deal is true.

However, I can't imagine that Moshiri hasn't all of the financial packages already in place. There's no way they'd announce this structure that's so advantageous to Everton in the hopes that someone comes on board. We're only being told what we need to know.
The SV thingy they are setting up find the funding, not Everton

Yes if LCC wanted to borrow that they get to borrow v cheaply, but we can't step in their shoes can we? Or does this guarantee mean we get access to their loan rates?

This is where the SPV comes in, if I've read it correct. Reading through it we pay the SPV who then pay the lender.

It sounds like a sub lease agreement, but the security of the council acting as guarantor makes it an easy sellto the lenders